Supply Chain Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Posting Date
: Aug 2, 2018, 7:13:33 PM Description
Drive continuous improvement in the total cost of acquiring materials through leadership of the purchasing department, and tracking/reporting on the raw inventory levels within the Houston facility. Focus on driving speed within the supply chain with heavy emphasis on part classification, lead time reduction and supplier performance. Deploy Emerson strategies for best practices in inventory and purchasing processes. Guide purchasing staff in tactical day to day activities. Provide leadership support to other cross functional areas, especially related to new product development activities (NPD). This position is a functional managerial position; and will be required to occasionally function as a buyer, as required
- Execute Rosemount Gas Analysis Purchasing strategy
- Assure materials are purchased and arrive at the prescribed times as to turn inventory to meet/exceed planned KPI’s.
- Focus on speed in the supply chain through proper classification and maintenance of parts
- Focus on lead time reduction
- Assure ERP systems are up to date and data integrity is updated
- Lead the supply chain groups in initiatives, provide leadership in day to day activities.
- Communicate with suppliers on performance management and PDSL/RDSL
- Work with Global Commodity Managers to deploy strategic initiatives.
- Work with Quality and Operations to assure product is delivered on time and according to specifications.
- Coaching and development of staff
- Execute Rosemount Gas Analysis-Houston Raw material control & reduction strategy
- Partner with the Operations Manager and Production Planner to execute an effective MRP & Demand Planning process
- Identify and implement a “plan for every part (PFEP)” raw material delivery strategy for major commodities. Leverage Kanban, VMI, VOMI, JIT, and other supply chain strategies, as applicable.
- Work with Finance and the Inventory Control team to develop and deploy an effective, annual inventory physical count process (as required based on daily cycle count results)
- Prepare reports in participate in monthly/quarterly inventory-related meetings with Rosemount Gas Analysis division team
- Improve and sustain strategic supply-chain management practices
- Support cross functional site leadership in driving facility KPI’s and reporting on financial results on a monthly basis.
- Attend strategic procurement group meetings with Rosemount division/group resources, as required
- Update corporate reporting requirements and Train internal personnel on corporate practices and tools, as appropriate
- Drive improved supply chain reliability via on time delivery, lead time reduction, and quality continuous improvement programs
- Coach & mentor Supply Chain team and improve bench strength, via organizational planning and personal development
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 8 or more years of related experience.
• Experience managing a supply chain in a high-mix, low volume environment
• Experience working in a matrixed organizational structure, preferred
• ISM and/or APICS certification.
• Some domestic and international travel required. 20%
• Must have strong demonstrated knowledge of JDE (JD Edwards) and/or Oracle ERP systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required including sufficient technical awareness to interface with product development, manufacturing, marketing, finance, and suppliers.
• Demonstrated ability to reduce lead times, understand speed within the supply chain and drive continuous improvement with suppliers.
• Must possess leadership skills and demonstrate the ability to achieve results through others.
• Strong analytics capability, with a demonstrated track record of understanding complex issues and translating them into actionable tasks/solutions
• Must possess high energy and desire to drive best practice.
• Must display a high level of integrity and followership
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.