1. Supply Chain Strategy Management:
• Ensures processes for supply chain management results in the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Investigates current supply chain trends and solutions and implements where appropriate.
• Lead supplier development along with commodity strategy to have complete documents including but not limited to Ducommun NDA, Terms and Conditions, and support commodity leaders in LTA preparation and negotiation.
• Manage direct and indirect engagement with suppliers and internal functional teams to drive implementation of the supply strategy and ensure success of the supply chain.
2. Supplier and Material Management:
• Manages materials and services acquirement at the lowest total cost to Ducommun.
• Leads and participates in the selection, evaluation and management of suppliers.
• Through materials management practices and sales & operations planning, manages key external and internal supply chain elements such as PPV (Purchase Price Variance), supplier performance, material on-time and quality, inventory turns, etc.
• Manage supplier negotiations for new components for new program, aligning with commodity leaders, and working with assigned buyers in supplier selection and development.
• Work with the program team and supply chain team to develop and agree on cost targets for new components prior to customer quote.
3. S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning):
• Key member of S&OP process and meetings including program/production rundown reviews to communicate schedule status, needs and concerns, mitigation planning and actions as required.
• Lead operational excellence to build and execute recurring S&OP standard work across Ducommun’s strategic business units (SBU’s).
• Process, team and talent development to institutionalize deployment of Ducommun standard workbook for S&OP optimization.
• Coordinate and lead all facets of the S&OP process to provide optimum customer satisfaction and enable the business to meet and exceed AOP (Annual Operating Plan), KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and TTI (Targets to Improve).
4. Master Scheduling and Production Control:
• Work with production control and master scheduling, S&OP leader and supply chain members to ensure end-to-end forward looking supply chain process and execution, including demand, sales order entry, production planning, inventory management, and material preparation.
• Provide Leadership in developing, improving and implementing sound materials management and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
5. Inventory Management and Delivery Performance:
• Through materials management practices and sales & operations planning, manages key external and internal supply chain elements to achieve recurring improvement to days sales inventory level.
• Develops metrics for managing inventory costs, delivery times, service levels, and quality.
• Manages the implementation of production tools for building to actual customer demands, Kanban, prioritizing builds, expediting and automating transactions per Lean concepts.
• Manages the coordination of manufacturing activities and schedule performance against plan to maintain priorities and meet established schedules.
• Manages and participates in cross-functional teams to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identified problems.
6. Logistics and Warehousing:
• Manage the logistics function of the incoming and outgoing of products and materials from suppliers/to customers and operations.
• Define logistics responsibilities, procedures, processes, and standards and ensure policy adherence.
• Manage and direct supply chain partners in the implementation and management of vendor-managed inventory (VMI) programs.
• Be knowledgeable and familiar with import/export compliance, inbound/outbound coordination, and reverse logistics.
7. New Product Support and Introduction:
• Key member of new product launch to support program management for flawless new program launch in terms of cost, delivery and quality.
• Key member in continuous improvement for NPI (New Product Introduction) and product launch cycle.
• Partner with program management, manufacturing, engineering, commodity leaders, and operation supply chain teams to ensure proper coordination and effective prioritization with suppliers for NPI launches.
8. ITAR Compliance:
• Ensure ITAR compliance and control through secured and coded correspondence and designated / approved communication portals.
9. Fiscal Management:
• Generate cost, quality and timing targets for new component launches and define/execute action plan in order to achieve target AOP (Annual Operating Plan).
• Manage capital tooling and expense budget for supply chain function.
• Manage material, shipping, inventory and other costs to support AOP and LRP (Long Range Plan).
10. Internal Communication and Collaboration:
• Support and promote company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork to achieve objectives.
• Works collaboratively with SBU & operations center leadership and teams to continuously assess operating plan and functional results to apply necessary business improvement methodologies
• Build and develop close relationships with cross functions (Business Development, PM, operations) in the S&OP process.
• Work with cross functional teams to ensure the process deliveries meet long term plans and workable volume forecasts in short term.
• Actively lead/participate in cross-functional business projects improving Customer Satisfaction to reduce cycle time, past dues and improve on time delivery with proper inventory.
11. Policy, Procedure and Process Administration:
• Ensures effective supply chain management systems and processes are developed, implemented and continually improved
• Provides supply chain policy guidance, evaluation and direction to staff including the adherence and development of supply chain standard work policies and procedures.
• Facilitate demonstrated capacity planning process (internal and suppliers) across commodities, SBUs and OCs.
• Provide leadership in developing, improving and implementing sound materials management and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
12. Organizational Development:
• Provides for selection, training, development, succession and performance evaluation of supply chain team.
• Support and foster growth and professional development of direct reports.
• Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff to drive engagement and productivity.
• Provides clear goals and expectations to encourage successful performance of others.
• Provide and support career development planning for direct reports.
13. Performance Tracking and Measurement:
• Report on core Ducommun performance measurements, defines additional measurements aligned to specific initiatives and areas of opportunity.
• Links and aligns departmental goals to the goals of the operating center, strategic business unit and corporate.
• Define additional measurements aligned to specific initiatives and areas of opportunity.
14. Continuous Improvement:
• Initiates, promotes and drives lean methodologies across all processes and standard work.
• Focus on continuous improvement within scope of responsibilities for developing, improving and implementing sound S&OP practices, material and process planning and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
• Implements standard work and processes across areas of responsibility.
• Work with IT and strategic supply chain to continue find improvement in the systems support tools to ensure world class S&OP process.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
• Strong cross-functional teamwork with collaborative and influential leadership skills.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Highly motivated and able to work in fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge/experience in material, inventory and production control processes.
• Demonstrated experience of team leadership in multiple functions such as Sales/Customer Service, Supply Chain, or Procurement).
• Strong analytical thinking to assess and facilitate forward planning decisions.
• Advanced skills in Excel, Power Point, and Systems Database/Query Capability.
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication and Training Skills.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Strong team building and talent growth and development skills.
• Understands and has ability to apply lean methodology and concepts into supply chain processes.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Business, Supply Chain, or other related degree. MBA preferred
• Minimum of 8 years supply chain or related experience including significant experience in a leadership role. (Commodity management and supplier development experience preferred).
• Minimum of 3 years ERP system experience.
• Minimum 3 years of previous S&OP processes experience.
• ISM or APICS certification preferred.
• CPM, CSM or CPSM preferred.
• Aerospace or Electronic Component manufacturing experience desired.