Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and mentor a team of 2-3 planners. Ensures good change and process improvement is part of every day activities.
- Manage desiredinventory levels of parts to support production
- Initiate purchase orders (POs) and blanket purchase agreements (BPAs) to replenish inventories
- Provide production consumption and forecast information to plants and suppliers to improve efficiencies
- Work with the suppliers to manage lifecycle of parts, and introduce new materials at the manufacturing sites.
- Represent the Material Planning department in project meetings to implement any changes required. Can express needs of the dept. effectively and takes ownership in project implementation/representation
- Develop strong ties with internal customers, suppliers, planners at the site level, and all Dish Network departments involved with material planning (QA, Engineering, Marketing, Logistics, In Home Services (IHS), Call Center (CSC) and Manufacturing sites)
- Strong system and process understanding. Able to procure, plan, and schedule material delivery to accurately reflect needs in MRP.
- Work on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), manuals, and other reference material. Improve application of system software to maximize the information provided to the users within the department.
- Train manufacturing site planning personnel on using Oracle tools and transactions. May include travel; web based training, or written instructions.
- Coordinate monthly obsolescence list with Inventory Review Board (IRB) team.
- Can troubleshoot minor as well as more complex Oracle problems for Material Planning. Resolve issues with system data, MRP not driving correctly or pulling incorrect information. Also, assist in system set ups that may not be correct to drive materials more effectively.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelordegreerequired with a focus in industrial engineering, math, statistics, operations or supply chain management. MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years operations experiencerequired, including 5 years in purchasing/procurement
- 2+ years telecommunications experiencedesired
- Oracle ERP experiencepreferred
- APICS/ ISM Certification a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Have strong analytical skills and be able to make informed decisions
- Excellent record keeping / documentation skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong Financial and Operational Analyst Skills required
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills are required
- Proficient in otherMS Office products (PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Oracle or otherinventory management/replenishment system