Job ID: PAL001899
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of supply chain operations including purchasing, planning, customer service and warehouse (receiving/shipping) in order to achieve targeted service levels.
- Interfaces with all production departments to facilitate the production plans in order to meet customer expectations.
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Publish raw material and finished goods inventory numbers. Reconcile differences. Provide guidance and direction to the manufacturing plants.
- Provide management recommended excess and obsolete material and proper disposition of it.
- Reduce inventory value and maintaining safety stocks as per Supermarket Models.
- Make recommendations to improve productivity and efficiencies of operations
- Implement supply chain initiatives to improve inventory turns, stocking strategies, and reduce lead times.
- Optimization of all logistics steps in order to produce the right amount of product and deliver to end user at the right time.
- Create reports for upper level management review.
- Generate annual sales forecast and inventoryreports.
- Responsible for Vendor Management and Critical Raw Material Single Source Exposure.
- Initiate programs for Cost Savings improvements.
- Assure all visual factory boards are updated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Often acts independently to assess and resolve issues. Work is checked only to effectiveness of results obtained. Virtually self-supervisory. Supervise non-exempt and exempt personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration or other related fields
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years Supply Chain or Materials Management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent math skills. Ability to analyze data to assure schedules can be obtained
- Computer Literate; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, SAP
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities and results driven.
- Strong Organizational, Negotiation and Influential Skills
- Knowledge of ISO9 standards and cGMP’s
- Knowledge of lean concepts. Ability to identify and implement improvements.
- Green Belt certification preferred.