The Supply Chain Manager serves on the leadership team for the Greenville plant. This person is the primary leader in the Supply Chain department, accountable for the teams engaged in Purchasing/Receiving, Production Scheduling, Inventory/Warehousing, and Shipping. This person interfaces with a number of other departments, including Production, Maintenance, Quality, Engineering, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Customer Service, Transportation, Accounting, etc.
- Lead the Supply Chain work groups by modifying the personnel structure as needed, building a strong and collaborative team, communicating the vision, coordinating manning and training, and ensuring processes meet expectations.
- Ensure the safety of all employees in the department.
- Balance the workload on the department with the available capacity to accomplish work.
- Enable and coach improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Coordinate material handling equipment for all Greenville departments.
- Ensure adequate storage space for raw materials, semi-finished goods, finished goods, and MRO items.
- Ensure security of the campus per PHMSA guidelines.
- Coordinate the annual Physical Inventory.
- Coordinate outlets for recyclable and scrap material.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business (with a specialization in Supply Chain), or a related field. CPIM certification is preferred.
- Equivalency: 10+ years related experience and a proven track record of increasing responsibility in one or more positions that involves supervision, independent thinking and analysis, decision making, effective communication, etc. Expectation of completing a required bachelor’s degree within 6 years.
- 5+ years of supply chain management in a manufacturing facility. SAP experience is preferred.
- Equivalency: 8+ years of supervisory experience within a purchasing or shipping function.