Supply Chain Manager-Auburn AL
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required; a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a truly well-rounded Supply Chain Professional (expertise with Production Planning & Scheduling, Materials Planning, and Site Logistics - both Shipping & Receiving).
- Experience managing staff in a manufacturing and/or distribution operations environment is required, preferably with exposure to high volume, high mix, consumables, and large equipment.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
- Functional certification, such as APICS, CSCMP, or comparable is strongly preferred.
- Represents the Supply Chain function on the Site Leadership senior staff, including performance reporting, budget management, strategy contribution, decision-making, and communications.
- Provides functional strategy to guide the daily execution, performance improvement, and career development of the Production Planning & Scheduling, Materials Planning, and Site Logistics organization staff.
- Manages the annual Performance Management and Development (PMD) and Human Resource Review (HRR) processes through engagement, strong leadership, and coaching to maintain a robust staff that evolves into future leaders and is resilient to unexpected events.
- Accountable for customer service, inventory, and manufacturing cost including optimized resource schedule.
- Capacity planning for rolling 12-18 months (equipment and shift capacity) – as well as one network view for total capacity.
- Level loading of the production and alignment of the inventory impact
- Analysis of demand patterns together with demand planning to achieve a smooth production plan
- Leads ramp up and ramp down production for inventory planning at the site
- Accountable for site reliability, inventory, and manufacturing cost including optimized resource schedule
- Setup of a feasible production schedule, re. capacity changeovers, shift models, and production wheel
- When in a backlog situation, a priority tool is utilized to minimize the impact
- Daily alignment with manufacturing and deviation management
- Support in the weekly ramp up and ramp down planning
- Assure material availability at the site of min 3 week
- Manage inventory levels by defining clear max inventory levels and manage to those
- The first level of escalation and management of supply component interruptions
- Issuance of releases/call-offs (not negotiate price, payment terms, and change/select suppliers)
- Responsible to plan material ramp/up and ramp-down
- Manage the implementation date of engineering changes based on stocking
- Maintain master data – MOQ’s (joint), safety stock, min/max
- Raw Material Inventory Health (E&O, MOQs, SS)
- Material handling, receiving, shipping, warehousing in factory
- Demonstrated expertise in ERP/MRP Planning systems, including all relevant planning parameters such as inventory controls, replenishment, warehouse management, and procurement functionality in ERP and best-of-breed software solutions is strongly preferred, with specific emphasis on SAP ECC, EWM, and APO
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
- Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management and distribution planning.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate critical information at all levels within the organization.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level.