Since 1957, HEICO's (NYSE: HEI) LPI Corporation has manufactured products for jet engines, aircraft components and other aerospace & defense applications. Our reputation for quality, service and dependability has permitted us to serve many of the world's leading aerospace & defense original equipment manufacturers.
Responsibilities - Supply Chain Manager:
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling and distributing materials, equipment and supplies.
- Developing a set of metrics to monitor the supply chain so that it is efficient, costs less and delivers high quality and value to customers.
- Engage in the "where-to-make and what-to-make-or-buy" decisions.
- Create strategic partnerships with suppliers, distributors and customers creating communication channels for critical information and operational improvements such as cross docking, direct shipping and third-party logistics.
- Develop processes for managing goods and services inventory including receiving and verifying shipments, transferring them to the manufacturing facilities and authorizing supplier payments.
- Schedule activities necessary for production, testing, packaging and preparation for delivery.
- Arrange the return of defective and excess products back from their customers and support customers who have problems with delivered products.
- Handle inventory decisions including quantity, location and quality of inventory.
- Manage inbound operations including transportation from suppliers and receiving inventory.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains team by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training Team Members; maintaining a safe, secure and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes Team Member results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks and participating in professional societies.
Education - Supply Chain Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Procurement/Logistics or related field from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Experience - Supply Chain Manager:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience required
Skills - Supply Chain Manager:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Strong organizational skills, strict attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize as necessary
- Must work well within a team environment and independently
HEICO Corporation is a successful and rapidly growing aerospace, defense and electronics company focused on niche markets and cost-saving solutions for our customers. Our stock is traded on the NYSE at a market capitalization of over $15 billion. HEICO has been named by Forbes Magazine one of the World's Most Innovative Growth Companies and Forbes has consistently ranked us as one of the Best Small Companies for many years. Forbes has also recognized us as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. Our products are found in the most demanding applications requiring high-reliability parts and components such as aircraft, spacecraft, defense equipment, medical equipment and telecommunications systems.