This is a remote role with 25-30% possible travel.
This leader will play a key role in streamlining the DC Operations schedule and capacity in conjunction with cross-functional teams across the network. This position is responsible for leading and facilitating the prioritization of SC activities, including, but not limited to:
- The baseline labor forecast (inbound and outbound)
- S&OP (domestic and international planning)
- New merchant initiatives, and other ad hoc merchant requests,
- Reclamation planning needs, and prioritization
- Various Supply Chain Tier 1 execution support requests
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Asset Protection lead initiatives or audits
- Safety audits
- Any additional training/requests outside of “run the business” activity
This leader will have a results-oriented leadership style with strong influencing skills and the ability to make an immediate and sustainable organizational impact. Must have practical Distribution Operations or Capacity Planning knowledge. It will be imperative that this role have an intimate awareness of change management needs of DC network. Such individual must be both a credible leader to diverse levels of people (from DC floor to Executive leadership) and capable of developing and executing strategies that yield measurable business results.
Roles & Responsibility
As an effective Control Tower lead and Cross-functional Engagement manager will:
- Lead below activities across SC network using practical capacity planning, supply chain operations, experience and knowledge:
- DC Network Control Tower: Greenfield tool developed to implement/change/complete Supply Chain and Enterprise wide activities across DC Operation without creating DC execution capacity challenges.
- Lead supply chain engagement in existing Merchant Planning Calendar and POG-reset activities
- Work effectively with cross-functional SC organizations to ensure operational alignment, resources expectations, and budgeted hours to improve labor planning and financial forecasting process.
- Partner with Sr Manager of Strategy & Operations to escalate prioritization conflicts as appropriate.
- Utilize Problem solving, Analytical & E2E operational Skills to provide quick and effective solution for immediate DC network needs while continuing to develop long term solutions
- Leads high impact process improvement projects, as needed, by partnering with SC Operations leaders to identify and act on opportunities to increase operational efficiency, and reduce duplication of work.
- Self-starter, proven ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced business environment to deliver on time high quality results
- Ability to interpret cross-functional and distribution center requirements from outside operations, and create communications that DC teams can understand and implement.
- Be creative and flexible to be able to pivot direction based upon a variety of needs
- Ability to establish/maintain effective relationships through strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work comfortably at all levels within the organization up to the executive management level.
- Demonstrate high-level functional knowledge related to Supply Chain and cross-functional systems to be able to influence and inform decision making and prioritization.
- Effective demonstration and knowledge of project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle to meet expected deadlines and outcomes
- Proven ability to lead teams, be a natural leader and motivator, lead through influence
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, or relevant field (Master Degree Preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years combined work experience within various business function with successive leadership roles
- Strong coaching experience combined with extensive experience in SC level project or program
- Demonstrable history of success leading an organization through a transformation initiative.
- Proved track record in driving process improvements or capacity planning-type initiatives
- Ability to perform data analysis, performance/operation metrics, and root-cause potential issues.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning
- Ability to Travel 25%- 30%