One of our multinational commercial vehicle clients in Del Rio/Acuna is searching for a Supply Chain Manager. This position will be responsible for managing the full supply chain organization for 3 manufacturing facilities, 1distribution/warehouse, and 1 cross docking location; reporting directly to the Country Manager for Mexico. There is vertical and global growth opportunity for this position dependent upon results.
- Refine the Supply Chain organization's infrastructure incorporating policies, procedures and processes and ensuring they are maintained and adhered to in accordance with company systems, policies and guidelines.
- Work with corporate Supply Chain Management on improving national and international procurement strategies, which meet the company supplier performance requirements and optimize cost savings.
- Analyzes reviews and establishes inventory levels of raw materials based on anticipated production levels, lead time requirements, inventory costs, turnover rates, etc. to obtain maximum efficiency and cost savings.
- Oversee planning requirements for direct material, and ensures delivery of materials to production.
- Ensures optimum inventory levels and verifies inventories by overseeing the conduct of physical inventories or cycle count programs
- Manages inventory variance exposure minimization; creates and monitors action plans to address and resolve variance issues; develops and implements business processes to address short-term or long-term issues.
- Manages on-time material delivery to the OEM as well as internal customers.
- Ensures adequate headcount available to support business needs; ensures effective recruitment, training and retention of key staff.
- Creates and monitors action plans to address and resolve metric issues (inventory variances, delivery, and inventory accuracy).
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the Shipping, Receiving, and Warehousing functions in terms of timely loading and shipping of finished goods; efficient utilization of space and personnel; accessibility and proper rotation of inventory; and movement of material to insure an organized material flow.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Purchasing, Production Control, Inventory Control, Traffic and Materials Management.
- Fully bilingual: English and Spanish
- CPIM Certification highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related.
- MBA highly preferred