This position will be responsible for specific O’ Charley’s, Village Inn and Bakers Square supply chain categories. The role may include various categories in food, nonfood, services and/or equipment. Responsibilities will include managing the consistent supply of identified quality products and services by ensuring competitive costs and optimizing vendor expertise for continuous improvement. As a member of the team you and the broader supply chain team will be responsible for seamlessly supporting our Operations Restaurant Teams as well as all cross functional areas, including Culinary, Marketing, Finance and Operations Services.
Other key responsibilities within assigned categories include:
- Responsible for sourcing, forecasting, and contracting quality products and services.
- Appraise and improve supply chain activities by analyzing the company’s spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities.
- Evaluates existing and potential suppliers, both foreign and domestic, across multiple criteria, including price, quality, service, availability, reliability and selection.
- Align with operations and marketing on forecasting for menu changes and promotional LTO’s.
- Manages the full RFP process for new and existing products and services including, but not limited to, the analysis and evaluation of vendor selection and distribution.
- Maintains contract documents to include expiration and RFP calendar.
- Coordinates and utilizes a team buying strategy across multiple spend areas and concepts to deliver opportunities which include, but are not limited to, “best in class” quality, service and cost.
- Builds strategic relationships with suppliers, internal clients and distribution partners.
- Identifies and analyzes opportunities and risks, offers solutions and builds successful strategies to meet business objectives.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication to support the development and execution of organizational objective keeping all stakeholders aligned with supply chain regarding category management and distribution.
- Researches new products and services and analyzes the attributes of each to determine if they support company initiatives and business plans.
- Studies industry publications, trade journals and market information to keep current on relevant changes in procurement and the food service industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of and analyzes financial, industry and internal forecasts for products and services and anticipates changes in cost, availability, and suitability of goods and services.
- College degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in foodservice related industries
- Broad understanding of Supply Chain Management within purchasing and distribution, and Familiar with Foodservice operations
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills
- Good communication skills and adept negotiator
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and anticipating function needs (Primarily Operations and Culinary)
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships and strategic alliances while motivating both internal teams and suppliers to meet strategic objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams to ensure cost control and process improvements