The purpose of this job is to identify and implement supply chain and logistics optimization processes, applications and tools for international trade and global value chain. Project activities will focus on identifying and building supply chain and logistics applications in support of international trade and global value chains, supply chain network design for new distributionnetworks and re-design/optimization of existing supply chain networks using data, technology and processes. The overall objective is to optimize a portfolio thereby maximizing economic profit and cash flow at the same time maintaining supply reliability with a set of constraints (Logistic, physical etc.) The role involves use of supply chain optimization models to come up with recommendations that help improve supply chain costs, support capital investment decisions, asset utilization, improve supply reliability and provide trading recommendations
- Conduct Market Research to identify leading software applications, modules and features and functions of most widely used applications in Logistics and Supply Chain Areas.
- Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge for evaluation of Supply Chain and Logistics Applications for a B2B International Trade and Shipping Operations.
- Knowledge of several Logistics and Supply Chain Trade Clusters and the general terms and standard documentation used.
- Knowledge of and ability to create documentation and processes in support of building applications used in Supply Chain and Logistics areas that involve multi-modal international transportation, freight and cargo movement, tracking and visibility of shipments, customs processes, shipment events in supply chain and logistics processes,
- Improve and Optimize the design of Logistics and Supply Chain Apps.
- Apply supply chain most effective technology and best practices during business projects. Knowledge of different technologies and available supply chain optimization packages is a plus
- Support the design and optimization of supply chains through the use of optimization tools (linear programming, spreadsheet analysis)
- Identify, assess, and optimize the material flow and risktrade-offs across the supply chain at a tactical or strategic level (inventory, purchasing costs, production costs, logistics costs, different product quality, asset utilization, and reliability).
- Assist in supply chain strategy development, including make vs buy decisions, , channels-to-market, capital investment, and sourcing decisions by analyzing and sharing recommendations from optimization models
- Optimize supply chain work in the S&OP process.
- Act as a knowledgeable contact in the areas of project management, supply chain optimization tools, approaches and methods.
- Leverage consulting skills, communications and project methodologies.
- Participate on or lead cross-functional team projects.
- Provide support and expertise in supply chain operations technology
- BA in Supply Chain Management or Logistics is required, Masters is a plus.
- Working with 3PL industry
- Business Process Analysis and Technology Background implementing software applications in Supply Chain and Logistics areas
- Technical proficiency in the use of computer applications, and sound analytical skills are necessary.
- Must be proficient with the use of excel spreadsheets.