Our client distributes grocery products to independent and chain retailers in 50 states and our own corporate-owned retail stores throughout the Midwest, in addition to fresh food processing and distribution. Through our MDV military division, we are a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. military commissaries.
Our client is seeking a Supply Chain Forecasting & Replenishment Architect.
- Forecasting & Replenishment Management System - Symphony
- Food Distribution/Logistics background
Responsible to participate in providing IT technical leadership in the area of Forecasting and Replenishment management systems and be a subject matter expert in Forecasting and Replenishment management systems. The Forecasting and Replenishment IT Applications Architect has in-depth knowledge of business processes, issues and challenges relating to Forecasting and Replenishment, in-depth design and configuration level knowledge, and experience with one or more Forecasting and Replenishment management systems. The Forecasting and Replenishment IT Applications Architect works closely with business functions, IT Business Analysts, and IT consultants to design and build solutions to solve rapidly evolving business needs.
- Accountability and ownership of Forecasting and Replenishment applications solutions design.
- Combine functional process expertise in Forecasting and Replenishment with in-depth technical knowledge of Forecasting and Replenishment systems to consult with business on optimal approaches to solve business needs.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for Forecasting and Replenishment capabilities with a vision of how systems will evolve and grow to meet future needs of the business.
- Facilitate design workshops with business subject matter experts as well as technology teams, bringing industry expertise and experience where required to re-imagine and redesign logistics solutions.
- Lead applications design, architecture, proof-of-concepts and sandboxing to identify technical options and solutions.
- Manage complexity of platforms through an understanding of where customization is required for fit-to-win capabilities versus maintaining systems standardization in fit-to-compete capability areas.
- Manage infrastructure, cloud and security considerations and work closely with the security and infrastructure IT teams to specify requirements.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements in the use of Forecasting and Replenishment solutions to drive business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support effort and cost estimation work for projects.
- Understand and manage complexities of integration across Forecasting and Replenishment systems and with applications outside of the Forecasting and Replenishment eco-system.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture in the recommendation, evaluation and selection of solutions relevant to the logistics space.
- Work with external consultants, system integrators, and IT professionals to design, build and deliver solutions. Ensure solutions are feasible and fit into long-term strategy with applications.
- Work in close partnership with IT Business Analysts to scope and define requirements, injecting thought leadership and out-of-the-box solutions to the business needs. As a technical expert, provide mentorship and guidance to business analysts on the art of the possible with systems solutions.
- Nine years IT experience in enterprise grade Forecasting and Replenishment systems. Demonstrated excellence in designing and implementing Forecasting and Replenishment management solutions in multiple implementation cycles.
- Experience in an architect role as the lead designer for logistics solutions.
- Experience with Symphony (SRAI, formerly SEYC) Forecasting and Replenishment modules is highly preferred.
- Ability to analyze problems, process complex data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication at all organizational levels.
- Strong consulting, customer service, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing timelines and expectations, and producing high-quality deliverables (documentation, presentations, proof-of-concepts, etc.).
- Open and willing to learn new technologies to provide solutions when required.
- Self-motivated, self-supervised and solution driven.