Supply Chain Excellence Leader
Responsible for enabling re-imagined operating models by partnering with supply chain operations and processes to deliver to the new requirements .
•Enables the “Clean Sheet” approach to decision making and operating models.
•Facilitates the redesign of sourcing and supply chain processes to requirements.
•Leads, develops and implements process improvement and standardization across all facets of supply chain.
•Drives efficiencies across the supply chain from suppliers through to customers.
•Leads cross-functional teams using project management skills and methodologies while working with front-line and & functional leaders to drive execution
•Determines and differentiates what the front-line needs from its supply chain regarding competitive advantage, market positioning, cycle time, capital required for inventory and other applications, service, revenue, profitability, and growth.
•Segments and assesses present supply chain performance and process regarding customers, markets, distribution channels, and products. Analyzes the process based on customer and market requirements and competition.
•Uses the Continuous Improvement Initiatives method of coaching team leaders to learn how to interact with team members and other stakeholders and enhance relationships.
•degree required, Master’s degree preferred
•5+ years of experience as a Supply Chain Manager
•7+ years of experience in Operations
•Experience in strategic and operational sourcing, as well as logistics and warehouse management
•Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Master Black Belt/Black Belt (MBB/BB) certification preferred
•Experience as Operational Excellence practitioner
•Strong communication and influencing skills
•Ability to work with executive, management, and associate levels
•Willingness to challenge the status quo
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
• Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
• Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.