About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Taylor Farms Florida team as Director of Supply Chain located in Orlando, Florida.
About the Role
Through the use of sound business practices, the Director of Supply Chain will create and manage systems that will enable Taylor Farms Florida to efficiently manage the procurement and managing of all material used in the manufacturing of our fresh product line. This individual will be responsible for leading our Procurement, Receiving, and Inventory Management teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the charge toward software and hardware solutions.
- Allow us clear visibility into daily ordering patterns.
- Build orders as the product is being manufactured.
- Design a process that supports an efficient and effective JIT system.
- Pick both simple and complex orders.
- Prevent mis-loads, shrink, etc.
- Marry current and emerging technologies with our service model (e.g. self-driving forklifts, RFID, etc.).
- Implement the technology and train users and managers on its uses.
- Utilize existing systems as well as develop new tech based logistic platforms to improve performance.
- Work with Service team to establish priorities and expectations for both delivered and FOB sales.
- Lead the development and implementation of system that track performance and customer patterns.
- Progressive management experience in manufacturing environment
- 7+ years leadership experience in a JIT system
- Strong desire to learn
- Creative problem solver