Are you an experienced Manager of Fulfillment and are ready to take on a Director role?
In this Director of Fulfillment position, you will be responsible for the overall management of order fulfillment including coordination of full-order cycle (Receiving, Stocking, Picking, Packing), inventory storage, fulfillment expenses management and network optimization to maximize our customer experience and profitability. You will be tasked with planning, implementing and controlling the efficient flow and storage of goods to meet our e-commerce customers.
You will work closely with the Technology, Sourcing & Purchasing and Logistics teams to support efficient operation. The Director of Fulfillment is responsible for continually improving service while looking for ways to reduce costs. In addition, this role will help build the roadmap for innovation in delivery experience and establish key partnerships which drive our goal to be the industry leader.
You will oversee a large workforce of full time, part time and seasonal employees. You'll be involved with hiring the right employees and to develop their training. It is important that they are motivated by creating an environment that they find both rewarding and enjoyable.
In your role, you will need to balance the need for efficiency improvements with consistently delivering on time orders to our customers.
You will be measured on:
a) Meeting the agreed upon On Time Shipments
b) Achieving wage & fulfillment expense budgets
c) Delivering agreed upon order quality & accuracy and
d) Building a strong culture guided by our updates and important values and tenets.
You will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Drives Process Improvement in all warehouse operations (receiving, stocking, picking, packing and inventory)
- Drives Automation projects of various scale to increase productivity and efficiency
- Drives DC technology related projects through our Technology teams
- Drives Cost optimization and productivity enhancements
- Responsible for both tactical and strategic leadership of the Distribution Center including; Receiving, Stocking, Picking, Packing, Production Photography and Inventory operations.
- Accountable for the implementation of all company policies/procedures, employee safety, and customer-centric practices while ensuring company values and competencies are practiced throughout the facility at all levels.
- Researches and identifies best practices and trends in the marketplace and lead the implementation of innovative ideas that drive progress and continuous improvement.
- Researches and identifies best practices and trends in the marketplace; implements innovative ideas to drive progress and continuous improvement.
- Evaluates, designs, and establishes proper layout of the warehouse and product placement to ensure the environment is most conducive to optimize efficiencies
- Manages all fulfillment operations including but not limited to management communications, staff balancing and work assignments, work scheduling and processing, and throughput levels.
- Plays a critical role in P&L reviews and strategic planning/forecasting of expenses.
- Selects, guides, trains and motivates DC associates to provide fulfillment services that optimize customer service, cost, quality, delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures inventory is received appropriately and efficiently processed in the warehouse; maintain inventory integrity to acceptable metrics.
- Responsible for DC vendor relationships and for creating win-win partnerships.
- Works closely with Purchasing Manager and Logistics Manager to ensure appropriate inventory and shipping services are available to meet or exceed order fulfillment objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree Required in Supply Chain, Business Management, Business Administration or related field. MBA or master's degree in related field preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive management experience in a fast-paced high-growth distribution environment in a B2C (Business-to-Consumer) e-commerce market.
- Multi-site and eCommerce distributionexperiencerequired.
- Results oriented, metrics-driven leader with a root cause, continuous improvement approach.
- Must be comfortable talking in front of large groups.
- Superior analytical and computer skills as they are applied to business, technology, and finance (purchasing).