August is looking for a Director of Supply Chain to play a critical role for product development and operations. In this role, you’ll shall own the relationship with the manufacturing partners and the day-to-day operations for for supply of finished goods. The ideal candidate will be involved with partners and supplier relationships from early product conception until a product’s end-of-life.
The Director of Supply Chain assures supplier compliance for purchase orders and manages continuous cost reduction to meet financial requirements. The Director of Supply Chain should having a solid working knowledge of essential commodity data such as industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, material lead-times and technical manufacturing processes.
The Director will use data and analytics to help stakeholders across the supply chain organization to make key business decisions that support the company growth.
Our ideal candidate will be efficient and results-oriented in a fast-moving startup environment, and have a passion for consumer devices!
Successful candidates will possess deep analytical capabilities, strong communication skills, and robust experience with supply chain operations. Additionally, they will demonstrate the ability to collaborate with different functions, focus on achieving practical business impact and work at both working team and exec levels.
- Manage activities related to purchasing, material requirements, supply planning, inventory management and BOM cost.
- Own and manage the relationships with suppliers and contract manufacturers, including but not limited to negotiating and implementing appropriate contracts with suppliers.
- Establish and implement policies with suppliers to ensure quality, delivery, and cost improvements including KPI’s and scorecards.
- Participate in supply chain readiness reviews for new product introductions.
- Build effective partnerships within departments to help drive the business toward achieving company objectives.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select suppliers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results.
- Define clear accountability, and leads by adopting improvement strategies to reduce operational variances and to increase efficiency.
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities.
- Oversee supply chain processes, infrastructure, and team.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- B.S. degree with 10 years of experience in Consumer Electronics Supply Chain and dealing with outsourced manufacturing with Asian suppliers.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience.
- Experience in all functions of Supply Chain Management; new product planning, factory forecasting, purchasing, supply planning, budgets, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Attention to accuracy and details; must be able to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to recognize and reconcile conflicts.
- Core experience must include contract negotiation & price negotiation.
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to deliver results through others, both direct and matrixed. Proven ability to lead, develop, motivate and hold others accountable.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives.
- Strong organizational skills; managing many diverse projects with different deadlines and priorities.
- Engineering background preferred.