Only applicants that currently work through Avera Supply Chain are eligible to apply.
JOB SUMMARY: The position of Supply Chain Capital Equipment and Services Manager is responsible for the management and facilitation of capital equipment acquisition and related activities. This position acts as the primary agent in the facilitation of the capital procurement process including, but not limited to, market research, cost and price analysis, knowledge of specification and drawings and validating specifications with end users, project management of equipment related projects, contract management for compliance on purchases, conducting market research and analysis, coordinating the purchase of third party equipment maintenance services, and managing disposition of supplies and equipment.
This position supports procurement functions and other general financial and administrative activities related to construction projects, biomedical equipment and third-party services, and equipment purchases (capital and non-capital). The primary goal of this position is to accurately and effectively plan, procure, place and track capital equipment and services. The position needs to ensure products, services and equipment are purchased and provided at the right price, quantity, quality, and time as well as delivered to the right place.
The Avera Health capital buyer reports directly to the Capital Equipment and Services Manager. The position will coordinate the activities and purchases with the Category Management department to ensure the appropriate adherence to Avera standard vendors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field required.
- Minimum of five years' experience in project management, construction, acquisition, capital negotiations, preferably in healthcare setting or working with a healthcare organization.
- Prior experience with market analysis/research, capital negotiation, sourcing, healthcare sales, and a broad understanding of third party maintenance services and/or sales experience is a plus.
- Project management experience preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.