As a Supply and Demand Program Manager, you'll be focused on expanding our Global Supply Planning operations for new hardware products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop short and long term supply and demand models that seek to minimize total costs and inventories while maintaining service levels to partners and customers worldwide.
- Establish and utilize best methods (e.g. statistical models, processes and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Present Supply and Demand recommendations to leadership, drive timely decisions, and ensure clear and concise communication to all stakeholders in the supply chain.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with customer marketing managers, reviewing recommended demand forecasts and inventory goals, and prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management.
- Drive product success by keeping ourselves and others accountable for metrics such as inventory, excess and obsolescence (E&O), material spend, sales in and sales through, freight in, Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and gross margins.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience working in Demand Planning.
- Experience in Supply or Demand planning and execution.
- Experience in demand forecasting, inventory optimization and supply planning.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge of end-to-end Supply Chain Management processes (e.g. scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment, reverse logistics).
- Ability to collaborate across various levels of an organization, and experience in leading cross-functional process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work towards strategic business goals.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.