HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way
people do things
• 3D printing
• Multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• Tablets, phablets, notebooks
• Mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
Printing devices enable us to materialize ideas, feelings, stories, tasks, workflows and so much more. If you believe in the power of print, have a passion for technology, and are up for a challenge, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a talented, strategic thinker who partners with global business leaders to uncover opportunities that create value both for our customers and for our business. This person will apply their market research expertise, big picture viewpoint, and excellent interpersonal skills to manage complex projects, provide actionable intelligence, inspire ideas and shape our strategic way forward.
The Supplies Insights Manager will support the Supplies current and future product marketing teams in their efforts to increase customer lifetime value. You will be tying your strategic thinking and research expertise together with big data intelligence in order to inform the development of hardware, software and ink/toner ecosystems. You will also help shape the future of HP’s home and commercial business portfolio by articulating trends, informing value propositions and calibrating pricing strategies.
- Design, execute, and deliver key primary market research programs and manage market research vendor relationships
- Translate data and key findings into insights that drive product strategy, GTM programs and innovation opportunities
- Challenge external partners to bring forward innovative ways of generating and using insights (e.g. processes, cross-collaboration research, methodologies)
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop a research/insights plan which includes a mix of primary and secondary research methods.
- Seek out opportunities and emerging trends to proactively provide marketers and product development teams with critical information and insights.
- Monitor market and industry trends, and share best practices with internal clients and external partners
- Collaborate across the pan-HP Media, Analytics and Insights organization to bring forth all the resources the research team can offer.
- Provide perspective and relevant insights to improve the campaign briefing process and facilitate more valuable, differentiated marketing for home and micro business customers
Examples of the kinds of projects you might lead:
- Lead qualitative research (e.g. focus groups, surveys, etc.) and identify actionable insights
- Lead quantitative studies such as conjoint/discrete choice models, pricing analyses, PFV, segmentation methodologies
- Analyse and report on quick-turn secondary research questions/requests
Knowledge & Skills
- Foundational, expert knowledge of market research methodologies
- Effective communicator who integrates the intricacies of multiple data points/sources into a concise story
- Proven track record with managing research projects that reflect business priorities and link to short and long term goals
- Ability to capture, analyze and drive understanding of customer/market trends
- Demonstrates strong project management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Sets objective measures of success for self and project teams and continuously evaluates progress against objectives
- Demonstrates curiosity and growth mindset , through on-going adoption of best practices
- Knowledge of market research vendor management, agency practices and conflict-resolution skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in business, marketing, research, or equivalent experience; Master’s level preferred.
- 10+ years work experience executing qualitative and quantitative research methodologies that drove business results
- Market research agency experience preferred