• Build and maintain mutually beneficial long term partnerships to drive improvements in key business areas (cost, risk, etc.).
• Evaluate supplier capabilities in the areas of industry expertise, capacity, quality, financial stability, etc with the global sourcing team. Gather this data and present to internal customers in a clear and concise manner. Continuously evaluate relationships to ensure suppliers fit our current and future business needs.
• Assists in the negotiation of supplier specific agreements and monitor adherence to those agreements.
• He/She will have responsibility for providing leadership and direction to site ensuring availability of raw materials and supplies to support manufacturing production. Collaborate with suppliers to actively monitor the performance of suppliers in the areas of delivery, quality and cost. Communicate the results internally and externally.
• Will identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing, supplier activities, and efficiencies, and work collaboratively with stake holders to prioritize and drive implementation.
• Develops cross functional relationships to understand company technology needs. Will work collaboratively with Operations/Supply Chain on Product Transfers.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Assists in Illumina’s Clinical Transformation journey and other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes and task assignments.
• All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
• 10 years of progressively responsible experience in materials management/purchasing.
• 5 years’ experience working in a highly regulated environment and proven familiarity with applicable regulations.
• 5 years’ experience working in an ERP system.
• Experience negotiating terms with internal and external business partners.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with requisite interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners, suppliers, and regional teams at multiple levels in the organization.
• Strong analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into actions.
• Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment and deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
Bachelor's degree required; Business or Supply Chain preferred