Job ID: BEC009515
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Team- Standard Duties:
• Experience in sourcing Computers, Lasers, Optics, Power Supplies, Peripherals, and OEM Hardware spaces.
• Aligns supplier performance and behavior with overall business group and corporate strategies.
• Conducts supplier business reviews with key suppliers and performs deep dives and manage supplier behaviors and key performance indicators.
• Identifies plans and executes projects that generate cost savings for the Procurement and Materials Planning group.
• Supports corporate Strategic Sourcing projects for multiple direct material commodities. Works with corporate Commodity Managers to support companywide projects from the business group level.
• Experience with Sourcing from multiple global regions.
• Supports Value Engineering group from a procurement focus- assisting in identifying opportunities, negotiating pricing, RFQ’s, bid analyses, etc.
• An understanding of validation processes
• Negotiates pricing, price reductions, inventory stocking agreements, supply agreements, lead time reductions and process improvements with supplier’s year over year.
• An understanding of Value add applications
• Maintains corporate supplier scorecard data for respective commodity.
• Serves as escalation point for functional buyers and commodity specialists to resolve issues with suppliers.
• Partners with buyers and supplier quality engineers to resolve delivery and quality issues, respectively. Issues and follows up on supplier corrective action reports (SCARS) as needed.
• Identifies and drives continuous improvement opportunities within department and with suppliers through use of LeanSix Sigma tools.
• Serves as a change agent, a role model for continuous improvement and promotes use of LeanSix Sigma tools and thinking.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor of Business degree from accredited school, with 5+ years’ experience; or Master’s degree with 3+ years’ experience or PhD with 1+ years’ experience. MBA preferred but not mandatory. Bachelor of Engineering acceptable with combination of business/ procurement experience.
• 3- 10 years of fundamental procurement experience- supplier negotiations, RFPs, RFQ’s, comprehension of cost drivers, ERP systems, payment terms, supplier performance management, etc.
• APICS/ ISM certification preferred- CPIM, CSCP, CPM or equivalent designation preferred.
• Strong understanding of Computers, Lasers, Optics, Power Supplies, and Peripherals Commodities as it relates to pricing and application, mandatory.
• Familiar with LeanSix Sigma philosophies/ practices- Black Belt/ Green Belt highly preferred.
§ Kanban Processes/Standard Work
§ Work Flow Diagrams/Value Stream Maps
§ Kaizen facilitation
• The ability to understand and read engineering drawings and specifications related to fit, form and functionally, preferred but not mandatory.
• Intermediate-advanced Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio).
• Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets, prepare formal reports of findings and provide decision support based on data.
• Strong grasp of statistics and how to applystatistics to support decision making.