$80K — $100K *
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. One of the world’s first global biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is focused on advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, MS and neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, acute neurology, neurocognitive disorders, pain, and ophthalmology. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
Global Business Services and Business Optimization
The Global Business Services (GBS) and Business Optimization team is a newly formed organization established to transform Biogen’s business processes to set a platform to scale global operations, fuel commercial growth and the innovation pipeline. Further, GBS will provide further value by developing and delivering a suite of business solutions and support services that are valued by internal customers. GBS will deliver services by leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency, and metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level agreements.
The vision of GBS at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for excellence in its people, business solutions, execution, and partnerships with internal customers.
The GBS Business Optimization team will champion building a continuous improvement culture that other parts of the organization will recognize and seek out for business support. We are developing a performance-based culture supported by tools, training, and well-defined accountability, where people can build their career or prepare for a role in the wider business or elsewhere within GBS. We seek individuals who can enhance our team with their knowledge, skills, innovation, collaboration and “can do” attitude.
Supplier Relationship and Risk Management Lead, Senior Manager
• Leads centralized vendor risk and supplier relationship management process for Biogen suppliers
• Responsible for enterprise wide supplier risk and management capabilities (strategy, process, organization, technology)
• Establishes supplier management and vendor risk metrics/KPI’s
• Supports Category Managers with supplier management framework focusing on effective and efficient sustainable supplier risk management capabilities (segmentation, assessments, due diligence, ongoing monitoring, and off-boarding)
• Standardized supplier performance management and business review framework
• Maintains reporting to capture and dynamically report on supplier performance and risk areas
• Identifies and leads CI initiatives in partnership with stakeholders
• Ensure efficient and effective process and drives improvements as necessary to enable value realization
• Balance standardized process with unique category needs
• Manages VRM and SRM technology in partnership with IT and drives system enhancements
• This role reports to the Sourcing Excellence Head and has team management responsibilities
Select Performance Indicators:
• Suppliers engaged in SRM activities
• Risk Mitigation programs
• Value created through joint process improvement, innovation from existing suppliers
• Implemented CI and associated value
• VRM cycle time
• Possess an understanding of the business to drive suppliers toward relevant continuous improvement
• Process orientation and continuous improvement mindset
• Experience with supplier risk management (5 years+) in a fast-paced environment
• Strategic orientation, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify trends and improvement opportunities aligned with global functional and business objectives and strategic plans
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to organize and lead multiple dynamic and cohesive teams concurrently
• Strong project management skills (3 years+) with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner, apply creative approaches to engage audiences, manage change, resolve conflict, and build consensus
• Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced, and challenging environment
• Ability to act in a consultative role, prior consulting experience is preferred
• C.P.M./CPSM certification desirable
• University degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
7-10 years’ experience
Valid through: 12/4/2020