Job Title Supplier Quality Team Leader
Country United States
Posting Location Newport News, VA
Job Description Supplier Quality - Team Lead
• Manage the day to day activities of the Supplier Quality Management team
• Functional responsibility for the defined parts, services, commodities and suppliers during series production phase;
• Plan, initiate and control preventive orientated, advanced quality management measures in the series production phase for supplied parts and
• services to ensure that our products meet the defined quality requirements;
• Mentor and develop suppliers to ensure high quality problem solving process and effective systems in place.
• Maintain the defined Supplier Quality Management System (procedures, guidelines and tools), to ensure the requested quality in line with the company purchasing strategies in order to meet the cost and productivity targets;
• Implementation and execution of Consequent Supplier Management activities after SOP
• Drive root cause analysis and enforce the definition and implementation of appropriate counter measures at the supplier to ensure that the parts and services meet the defined quality requirements
• Initiate, lead and drive supplier improvement programs
• Use and support the data system to collect and evaluate supplier quality related key performance indicators (KPI's) and issue periodical quality performance reports and ensure that appropriate improvement actions are initiated;
• Define targets and control measures with the supplier in alignment with the CA P SQM business and quality targets;
• Continuous tracking of the target setting and plan fulfillment (monitoring, analysis control) in the context of Supplier Quality Management System
• Participate in Continuous Improvement activities (i.e. Scrap Reduction, Cost Reduction, Improved Efficiencies, etc.)
• Other tasks as assigned
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or Equivalent of education and 10 years work related experience.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in QA a related field.
• Knowledge in all automotive quality management tools and standards (APQP, AIAG Requirements, Six Sigma, ISO / TS 16949, Statistics, SPC and Capability Indices
• Clear understanding of GD&T and Metrology
• Strong working knowledge of Process Flow Charts, FMEA's, and Control Plans
• Experience with 8D problem solving techniques (Is/Is not, Ishikawa diagram, 5 Why) including the use of D.O.E.
• Masters Degree with 7 years working experience in a related field
• Ability to travel within US and internationally 50%
• High degree of motivation and integrity