In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Supplier Quality Engineering BP will work globally to serve the Monitoring & Analytics (MA) global supply chain management to drive quality activities with suppliers, setting a high standard and fast response expectation so quality issues are prevented or minimized. Lead with best practices to enable our organization to provide high quality medical products to our customers. The role will manage multiple MA teams globally to ensure upstream activities related to supplier selection, classification, and qualifications are managed.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Provides cross-functional leadership for the Supplier Quality function in all aspects of the MA initiatives.
- Continual development of Supplier Quality competence to drive high performance across the Supplier Quality function and the supply base, regardless of geographic location.
- Executes Purchasing Controls processes across Regional Sector with ongoing training and support for Procurement Engineering, Commodity Management, R&D, Operations, Supplier Quality and Suppliers.
- Establishes and deploys the Supplier Quality improvement strategy and drive targeted improvement initiatives to address identified needs in harmony with the overall MA Strategy
- Establishes and deploys Supplier Quality objectives and KPI’s to measure progress and meet agreed Quality targets.
- Facilitates cross-site Supplier Quality collaboration and advantage of best resources.
- Represents the Quality function on Procurement and/or other functional stakeholder management teams.
- Aligns with SQ Leaders across the company to shape and establish common approaches and working methods to drive ‘’One Philips’’ towards Supply Base across ‘healthtech’
- Has broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Viewed as an expert by the company and in the field.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Has complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with development of new or strategic concepts or products.
- Regularly interacts with executives or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through business units leads within the company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Manages several department managers
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Current certification with a recognized Accreditation body (i.e., RAB-QSA/IRCA) or successful completion of ASQ certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Biomedical Auditor or successful completion of a recognized Lead Auditor course.
- 14+ years of total industry experience
- 10+ years of related experience in a medical device or regulated industry preferred
- 3+ years of Director level Quality leadership experience
- Working knowledge of appropriate global medical device regulations, requirements and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 803, 806, and 820, ISO13485, ISO14971, European Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC), Canadian Medical Devices Regulation (SOR/98-282), Japanese MHLW Ordinance 169, and ISO 9001.
- Expert level knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques in Purchasing, Operations and SQE including due diligence processes.
- Preferred to have broader experience including procurement, manufacturing engineering and project engineering.
- Ability to travel up to 40%