Job ID : 88398BR
Location :US - Wisconsin - Madison
Requisition ID: Supplier Quality Engineer
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Supplier Quality Engineer:
This position is part of the Material and Structural Analysis Division (MSD). The Material and Structural Analysis Division provides instruments, accessories and other products for spectroscopy and material analysis in lab, line, and field applications. The Supplier Quality Engineer will manage the quality and performance of the supply base for the Spectroscopy Business Unit in Madison, WI. TheSpectroscopy Business Unit is a leader in spectroscopy instruments, software and accessories for various markets including academic research and teaching, quality assurance in industrial settings, life science and material science. This position will be located in Wisconsin, Madison.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for driving improvements within Thermo Fisher Scientific and our supply-chain. The primary focus of this position is to work with our key suppliers to ensure product quality and timely deliveries. The SQE will implement and oversee continuous improvement programs with the Senior and Executive management at our key suppliers. The SQE uses data analysis, quality tools, project management, and leadership to drive ongoing, measurable improvements in supplier product quality and deliveries. Key interactions will be with Suppliers, Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Product Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure supplier part quality meets internal specifications by driving the part qualification processes in manufacturing, sourcing, and engineering.
- Develop preferred supplier relationships by leading the quarterly score card and supplier qualification process.
- Collaborate with engineers during the product development process on supplier selection and purchased part quality.
- Assure corrective and preventive action plans are developed and executed at suppliers
- Oversee continuous improvement programs with our key suppliers. Report results of these programs to executive management in Sourcing, Quality and Site Operations team.
- Increase leverage of supplier technology & processes into the design project (early involvement ofsuppliers in design for manufacturing).
- Manage critical escalations as assigned.
- Plan, conduct and follow-up with supplier, or supplier related, audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit finding reports and driving supplier implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Train and mentor various teams on quality tools (FMEA & 8S as an example) Partner with internalorganizations to manage suppliers’ performance. Participate in business reviews with suppliers in improvement programs.
- Lead Programs and/or projects using effecting program and project management skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
This position is ideal for a self-directed, confident, analytical, people person. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in a technical discipline such as Quality, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and 7+ years relevant work experience.
- Able and comfortable with reviewing supplier performance and driving change with supplier executivemanagement teams.
- Demonstrated results in improving quality in manufacturing processes or with supply chains
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects. Multi-site and international experience preferred.
- Knowledge of improvement methodologies (Lean or 6-sigma is preferred), auditing experience (leading internal or supplier audits), and statistical methods.
- Previous experience using Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) software tools preferred.
- Must exhibit strong personal moral and ethics code, proactive, overall positive personality, and creativity in solving various complex situations in technical and social areas.
- Must demonstrate good communications skills and be able to work effectively with cross functional teams on projects including international and multicultural teams and suppliers and customers.
- Able to adjust working times to accommodate communications with other facilities, suppliers, and locations globally.
- Travel regionally, internationally and be willing to travel up to 25%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.