A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your CallingAt Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the righttemperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers toaccountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives—every day.
Supplier Quality Engineer The Supplier Quality Engineer will provide Supplier Quality Engineering support to Supplier Quality Group toensure the qualification, development and compliance of the Rheem supply base for purchased products and materials. The ISO 9001 or TS16949 Lead Auditor certification or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor is highlypreferred for this role. This position will serve the Water Heater Division in Montgomery, AL.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support Supplier Quality Group initiatives with supplier component development, manufacturing assessment, advance quality tools, supplier performance, delivered and other quality related issues.
- Participates as Supplier Quality representative on cross-functional initiatives with R&D, Manufacturing and Procurement.
- Interfaces cross functionally, across plants, and with supplier representatives, regarding identified supplier related quality issues and associated supplier corrective actions.
- Identifies and leads investigation of chronic supplier issues and problem solving and error proofing projects, including travel to affected Rheem plants and suppliers.
- Support Supplier Quality in new supplier qualification process, including periodic onsite quality system surveillance audits of the supply base.
- Support QMS including supplier nonconforming material (SNCR) and supplier corrective action (SCAR) processes.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on supplier delivered product quality and performance data, and supports supplier performance review and rating process.
- Monitors the supplier’s new product introduction process when supplier is developing product for Rheem, assuring that supplier is following appropriate FMEAs, control plans, process capability planning, pilots, and other new product development tools.
- Identifies and makes recommendations and assists in internal and external supplier continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities, as they are required.
- Support other quality strategy and initiatives as required other duties as assigned.
- Domestic and International travel required approximately 50%.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment as Quality Engineer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a quality role or function in Manufacturing
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a supplier quality role performing supplier quality system audits
- Working knowledge and experience with ISO9001 or TS16949 based Quality System Standards
- Practical knowledge in Advanced Quality Planning and Problem solving tools; i.e. Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP/FPA, SPC, Process Capability, Error proofing, Gage R&R, Error proofing, Poka Yoke
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and tolerances in English and Metric systems
- Must possess and demonstrate proficiency in the following competency areas:
- Communication (excellent verbal and written communication)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork (demonstrated team player with strong team building skills and ability to lead as necessary)
- Attention to Detail
- Multi –Tasking
- Organization (includes strong time management skills)
- Problem Solving (excellent techniques and skills such as 5-why, 8D, etc)
- No travel restrictions (including international travel) Minimum 50% travel required
- Bi-Lingual (Mandarin / English)HOW TO STAND OUT
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supplier quality role
- Experience in water heating and/or air conditioning industries
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified ISO/TS Lead Auditor
- Certified in Lean Manufacturing
- Certified Six Sigma Black or Green belt
- Practical working experience with statistical software Minitab
- Significant experience with process and continuous improvement activities
- International travel experience with emphasis on US, Mexico, China, Greater Asia, or Europe.
- Possess a current passport