Supplier Quality Engineer - Production Components
HUSCO Automotive provides Engineers the opportunity to pursue a career in engineeringwithin a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Work directly with the major automotive OEM’s to develop Powertrain systems. Our product solutions are incorporated into the latest engine technology for reduced emissions and decreased fuel consumption. These systems include Cam Phasing, Cylinder Deactivation, Variable Oil Pump, Transmission and Start-Stop applications.
HUSCO is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Develop Best-in-Class Global Supply Base. Work in close collaboration withDirector of Quality and Director of Purchasing to achieve a best-in-class global supply base with emphasis on meeting zero PPM objective and compliance with TS 16949 standards. Conduct thorough assessments toward suppliers’ quality management system and production processes. When needed, develop “probationary” supplier’s systems to “Approved” status.
- Production Product and Process Development. Take a leading role in securing zero ppm supply of production released components across the supply base through active assessment and knowledge of Suppliers’ Production Control Plans and FMEAs; audit of production control plans, identify areas of weakness and define necessary improvement actions in collaboration with HUSCO quality / engineering / operations personnel.
- Effective Closure of Production Non-Conformance Reports (PNCR). Direct involvement withproduction suppliers and HUSCO production facilities to analyze, understand and communicate non-conformances. Oversee supplier containment activities, secure certified replacement parts where necessary and with sense of urgency. Ensure permanent corrective actions are deployed and show ongoing effectiveness for permanent problem resolution.
- Support Purchasing Department. Support Purchasing to reduce production component cost thru ongoing continuous improvement efforts. Work with plant quality and purchasing manager to ensure supplier non-conformance cost recovery is effectively executed.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- College Degree in Mechanical/ElectricalEngineering, or closely related discipline with Quality emphasis or equivalent educationrequired.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a component manufacturing environment. Range of knowledge to include precision machining operations or metal fabrication (stamping, welding, bending, etc) processes.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and related inspection practices
- Exhibit good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate withother functional areas as follows: Operations, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills preferred8D methodology.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for othersupervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experiencewith Microsoft Office products. Accurate typing/computer data entrywith above average attention to detail.
- Travel up to 50%, domestic and international; must have valid driver license for inter-plant travel and current passport.
- Authorized to work in the United States.