General Summary: The Supplier Quality Engineer position will be responsible for the Total Quality Management of assigned suppliers of aircraft product. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and approves suppliers for Type Certification and Production use.
- Trains suppliers in applicable Honda quality requirements and operating systems.
- Conducts audits of supplier facilities and manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with all Honda and FAA requirements.
- Coordinates and verifies supplier root cause and corrective action activities.
- Implements supplier improvement plans as necessary in order to ensure suppliers perform at expected quality levels.
- Supports the continued development of the Supplier Quality Management System and related processes.
- Supports supplier Production Readiness Activities.
- Supports cross functional Integrated Project Teams as necessary.
- Promote the Honda Philosophies in daily SQA activities.
- Travels up to 50% of the time to supplier sites (domestic and international).
*** Honda Aircraft Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer ***
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related Engineering field preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience in a directly related role required.
- Experience working with and auditing to internationally recognized quality systems such as AS9100, TS16949, ISO 9001 preferred.
- Experience in the development and oversight of an FAA Part 21 approved Quality System a plus.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or Lean Sigma methodologies preferred.
- ASQ CQE or CQA certifications a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of various quality tools and processes such as PFMEA, Control Plans, APQP, PDCA, DMAIC, SPC preferred.
- Experience managing suppliers of composite structures, metallic structures, machined components or major assemblies a plus.
- Experience auditing special manufacturing processes such as heat treating, welding, anodizing, chemical conversion coating, or nondestructive testing (NDT) a plus..
- General computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in English required.