This position is responsible for Quality improvement issues related to suppliers and/or subcontractors of materials, products or services used in development or manufacturing.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Gage R&R, problem solving methodologies, Six Sigma and Lean Concepts to drive supplier improvements.
- Review contracts for quality requirements and ensure supplier compliance through processes and procedures.
- Ensure that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
- Perform trend analysis of defects. Investigate problems and develop disposition and corrective actions for discrepancies.
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Analyze supplier performance and develop improvement plans for identified problem areas.
- Provide training for quality methodologies to support supplier partnerships.
- Support programs assessing potential new suppliers.
- Support commodity strategies and sourcing initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in: Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years' experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities
- OR Master's Degree in: Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years' experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities
- Experience working with suppliers to improve processes and identify corrective actions
Preferred Additional Skills:
- ASQ certification or ability to demonstrate proven results with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) with suppliers
- SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and problem solving methodologies
- Experience implementing Advanced Product Quality Planning tools.
- Ability to demonstrate strong root cause corrective action process knowledge.
- Lean/Six Sigma training (Preference is certified green/black belt)
- AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality system and process auditexperience
- Supplier Development and Engagement
- Willingness to travel up to 75% percent
- Strong interactive skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support customer commitments and business objectives
- Strong understanding of Windows environment including standard Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Job Code: ES20182305-24935