Industry: Manufacturing / Diversified•
Less than 5 years
Posted 376 days agoby Sandy Swann
Supplier Quality Engineer - Bilingual Spanish / English
Reports to: Group Quality Manager
Performs quality development and related activities on American* supplier base to ensure satisfactory manufacturing processes for all locations. (*suppliers based on the American continent).
· Responsible for the quality for the American (North and South) suppliers.
· Suppliers selection and qualification process, evaluation, survey and follow up
· Audit supplier production at a high frequency / Audit the supplier during the production of our critical parts (randomly)
· Support supplier development and supplier quality improvement
· Direct communication with Suppliers
· Management of the supplier’s rejected material
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Engineeringdegree (industrial, mechanical)
· 3yearexperience in similar positions
· Fluent English, a good command of Spanish preferred
· Knowledge and understanding of ISO9000:2015 certification
· Knowledge and experience in using Core Tools (APQP, PFMEA, CONTROL PLAN, PPAP, MSA)
· Knowledge and experience in using problem solving techniques (8D, 5 why, etc.)
· Knowledge of SPC
· Reading and understanding of engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
· Knowledge of supplier performance evaluation.
· Active / Pro-active person. Good organization. Very disciplined and structured
· Agile/ flexible – Mobile - Curious/open minded - Team work orientated - Persistent
Position based near The Woodlands (TX) with frequent/very frequent travelling to the production facilities of the group and to suppliers.