Allison Transmission, the world's largest manufacturer of fully automatic transmissions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles, is seeking an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer. Supplier Quality Engineer facilitates the implementation and monitoring of advanced quality planning with selected future product suppliers, as required.
Key Job Elements
- Validates supplier design of product and processes utilizing the automotive standard, AIAG PPAP process (Automotive Industry Action Group Production Part Approval Process).
- Implements and monitors part conformance.
- Independently manages containment activities to minimize supplied part quality impact to the plants.
- Champions support for formal 8D containment, root cause, and corrective action documentation. Coordinates supplier scheduling of formal 8D report outs either at Allison or via teleconference. (Note: 8D is a standard automotive industry problem solving methodology)
- Manages plant supplier cost recovery requests.
- Ensures required supplier quality documentation is organized and retained according to corporate guidelines.
- Summarizes, reports, and presents audit results.
- Monitors supplier performance and reports results to management.
- Improves quality performance of supplier by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or other technical supportrequired.
- Posts, calculates, and analyzes routine statistical data.
- Independently manages ongoing relationships and resolves conflicts as needed.
- Adheres to corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely records are maintained within various systems, including Supplier Quality Notifications (SQN), SAP ERP, and online Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Mentors other less experienced employees in supplier quality processes and standards.
- Maintains a physical presence in the workplace.
Other Key Competencies
- Familiarity with fundamental electrical component design.
- Knowledge of electrical/electromechanical manufacturing and assembly plant processes.
- Knowledge of statistical quality control techniques.
- Knowledge of gaging techniques and Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Experienced with geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Strong analytical capability where problems are complex.
- Collaboration in a variety of work settings.
- Experienced with a variety of Purchasing / Global Supply Chain concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate orally and in written format in cross-functional environments. Knowledge of manufacturing or automotive quality standards.
- Ability to organize, plan, document tasks, and prioritize work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- BS in Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in the field of electrical/electronic manufacturing or design
Additional Required CandidateQualifications
Educational Qualifications Preferred:
- BS in ElectricalEngineering
Additional Preferred CandidateQualifications
- Certified Quality Analyst (CQA)
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Six SigmaBlack Belt
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience in heavy duty automotive/commercial truck industry
- Familiar with SAP software
- Proficient in AIAG standards - APQP, Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, and MSA.
- Proficient in the automotive industry 8D problem solving tool.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.