We are looking for Supplier Quality for our client in Bothell, WA
Job Title: Supplier Quality
Job Location: Bothell, WA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Experience Level (Years) 10 years
- Manage Supplier Quality related activities for purchased materials for electro-mechanical commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies (PCA?s), power supplies, cables, battery packs, plastics, sheet metal, machined parts, OEMs (displays, medical assemblies), labeling, etc.. Work with suppliers to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during initial product release and change viaAPQP: process mapping, process FMEA, process control plan, process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), GR&R, MSA, line release, ramp monitoring, etc.. Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals.
- Support targeted and ?at-risk? suppliers with new product introduction and facilitate from concept to launch whilst communicating and offering solutions for any potential risks identified.
- Focus on quality issue resolution via an 8-D based Supplier Corrective Action request process.
- Resolve quality issues via structured quality methods in order to ensure efficient and effective root cause analysis, and corrective / preventive actions that ensure there is no recurrence.
- Execute supplier audits, CAPA?s and monitor supplier metrics.
- Orchestrate Philips first article inspection / first production inspection, and ongoing inspection plans that are aligned with supplier?s capabilities, quality history and our product needs. Support key processes as subject matter expert.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the necessary skills and be intrinsically motivated on quality topics. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- BS Engineeringdegree and minimum of 7 to 10 years industry experience in manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems/products/solutions for the medical, aerospace or automotive industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, power supplies, cables, custom battery packs, mechanical parts (plastics, machined, sheet metal), cables, etc..
- Strong APQP knowledge and experience with all aspects of supplier quality management: quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures.
- Experience in an APQP project management environment.
- Proven track record of developing suppliers & being part of a wider development team.
- Tenacity to getting thigs done and not accepting the norm, being adaptable to situations.
- Knowledge of the Purchasing function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations. Understanding of Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Material and Supplier Quality and Data Management areas.
- Effective communicator. Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in a regulated environment, medical preferred.
- Certified auditor for ISO13485 or 9001.
- Knowledgeable in SAP Quality Management, Oracle Data Warehouse, Mini-Tab, Query tools such as Qlik, web-based systems, and MS Excel (power user).
- CQE, six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Fluent in English, as well as language within region.