- Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.This position is for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) that is responsible for the evaluation and acceptance of electrical connectors and cable assemblies. The position requires an extensive knowledge in a wide variety of electrical connector hardware with the ability to evaluate connector anomalies and determine compliance with the governing specification. At times the Quality Control Technician will work with suppliers to drive root cause and corrective actionRequirements2-4 years of experience as a quality engineer in aerospace industry.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Familiar with quality data / non-conforming material processing systems used to record inspection results
- Technical B.S. engineering or other technical degree (STEM)
- Intermediate PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word & Excel
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- The ability to drive and evaluate supplier-provided root cause and corrective action
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work with minimal oversight and in a multi-discipline team environment, providing insight and solutions to complicated issues both technical and procedural.
- Must be a US Citizen, and have the ability to obtain government security clearance, if necessary.
Minimum Education / Experience: 2 Years with Bachelors in Science in engineering or other technical degree (STEM)
0 Years expereince with Masters
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Proficiency with reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- IPC-A-610 and/or IPC-A-620 Certification.
- Experience working with electrical cable assembly drawings.
- A BSEE or BSME degree from an accredited university