This position will support Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Space Exploration. The selected candidate will interface with the program Integrated Product Teams (ITPs) and the Supplier Management Contracting teams to ensure Supplier Management functional alignment with program(s) strategies and timelines.
- Working closely with Program Management, Engineering, Supplier Management Contracting (SMC), Contracts and other supporting functions to ensure successful integration and support of proposal efforts, contract execution and supplier management initiatives.
- Support leadership related to Supplier Management strategy and resolving issues that may arise.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies that support successful execution of the procurement packages.
- Lead SM early involvement supply chain activities for proposals/new business opportunities, as well as supporting/managing the performance of the SMC organization.
- Present updates directly to Program Sr. Management and SM Executives.
- Monitor supplier technical, quality, delivery and financial performance to identify potential risks, issues and opportunities.
- Identify and communicate potential risks and issues to SMC partners and Programs.
- Identify and participate in business and costs savings initiatives and business improvement activities.
Position requires experience with and understanding of the Aerospace and Defense Industry supply chain and BDS supplier management organization and processes, as well, as demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skill in supply chain, market, and industry strategy.
Also required is proficiency in using systems data and applying analytical methods to identify and characterize supply chain risks, and develop and initiate solutions or mitigations.
In addition, the candidate is expected to be able to use appropriate project management techniques to prioritize, plan and perform the various assignments, and be able to communicate results effectively within and outside the team from peer to executive levels.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Program Management experience.
- Experience in root cause analysis and Corrective action.
- More than 1 year of experience with Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience creating, interpreting and/or enforcing technical requirements.
- More than 3 years of experience managing suppliers/vendors to deliver products and services.
- More than 3 years of experience working with suppliers in a technical capacity.
- Experience utilizing the following MS Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook).
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning).
- Experience with space hardware environments.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.