As a Supplier Liaison, you will be the single point of contact toward large and key IT services providers for day-to-day production activities and issues, and liaison representing Huntsman’s Global IT department of Operational Supplier Management. You will ensure the supplier relationship is managed effectively and efficiently to maximize the value to business and minimize operational risk to services. This position will also ensure major operational technical issues with key IT suppliers are escalated and that key internal technical resources are involved as needed. The work hours typically include regular daytime hours, however, may be on call outside of regular hours to resolve significant issues.
What will be expected from you?
- Leads and participates as the single point of contact from the Operational Supplier Management team toward major, key, and large scale IT service suppliers such as those providing Infrastructure as a service. Manages and improves the operational day-to-day working relationship between the IT supplier and Global IT internal technical teams. Ensures status updates from providers are communicated and delivery problems are escalated as necessary to affect minimal impact to operations. Drives follow up actions toward IT management for service provider operational issues and activities, ensuring satisfaction with delivered products and services and addressing any concerns raised.
- Actively maintains and monitors major, key, and large scale IT supplier contacts (hardware, software, and IT services across the enterprise) and their Service Level Agreements (SLAs), with key emphasis on cost effectiveness and time to resolve requests (incidents, provisioning, etc.). Ensures operational SLAs norms and breaks are reviewed internally and with the vendor, seeking improvements, cost returns, resolving disagreements, managing issues, etc. that may lead to contract changes. Ensures operational post-contract value from key business relationships driven by day-to-day performance measurements and routine collaboration with suppliers.
- May participate in supplier selection through Request for Purchase and/or Request for Information and assists in setting selection criteria for potential supplier evaluation. Will establish supplier relationship governance. May assist in reviewing IT contracts across the enterprise and recommend evaluating current suppliers based on cost savings opportunities and/or consolidation opportunities. May participate in new contract establishment and negotiation as a primary stakeholder to ensure operational needs are addressed and supported, day-to-day service performance can be conducted and measured against.
- Drives value in global contracts by facilitating internal discussions on vendor roadmap items – specific technologies within a greater contract.
- May own and execute service and supplier integration functions of major IT service providers when needed. Manages the supplier relationship during the exit. Ensuring fulfilment of supplier’s responsibilities during the exit period.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field with 5+ years related experience.
- OR an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field with 7+ years related experience.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Good knowledge of procurement and contract negotiation.
- Proven external partner negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to articulate Service Level Agreements.
- Good understanding of current top IT industry service vendors and emerging service vendors.
- Strong ability to articulate advantages and disadvantages of infrastructure service solutions. CoLo, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Strong customer service mentality.
- Experience in planning and managing interactions of third party service providers.
- Good awareness of ITIL standards and best practices within operational environment.
- Strong understanding of business practices and methodologies, commercial services, service charging, and financial and accounting operations.
- Experience in working in a multinational environment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, otherlanguages are a plus.
- Good background in delivering via process flows.
- Business Relationship Management or comparable certification a plus.