Tesla’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making. The goal: delivering on time quantities of high quality component parts into Tesla’s production processes to enable extremely rapid development cycles and product launches.
- Plan, organize, direct and conduct industrialization related activities within the supply chain team.
- Develop, Manage , Audit, Improve and Correct supplier planning and execution of component manufacturing and assembly techniques and quality control processes from the advanced development phase to mass production qualification
- Provide leadership for New Product Introduction (NPI) at Suppliers
- Lead supplier improvements in scalability, cost, and quality.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and Tesla Purchasing, Quality, and Design teams.
- Accountable for supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery, and reliability expectations.
- Collaborate with Tesla Design, Quality, and Manufacturing to determine the ideal performance specifications and supplier metrics.
- Accountable for leading, tracking and improving supplier manufacturing process development and launch readiness for new products and design changes.
- Guide suppliers in developing exceptionally robust processes and procedures to promote efficient and seamless production of high quality products.
- Validate supplier corrective actions involving design and/or process changes to ensure they are robust, sustainable, and implemented for similar potential concerns across manufacturing lines and/or suppliers.
- Provide input on new or alternative materials for improved design, manufacturability, or cost reduction.
- BS Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or evidence of experience and exceptional ability.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience supporting Thermal Systems for e.g. CFM, HVAC, heat exchangers, Cooling tubes, Coolant Pumps. Various manufacturing processes experience like injection molding, brazing, machining, casting, forging, assembly, and end of line performance. The manufacturing role experiences can be in areas of Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing process engineering role.
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus: PPAP/APQP processes.
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection.
- Possess demonstrable leadership abilities.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Proven results in meeting customer requirements and expectations.
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner. Must be familiar with SPC and data analysis.
- An average of 30 - 40% travel, possibly on short notice