Remote Worker - Must resident in the Minneapolis area
Questionnaire must be attached to resume.
As a field quality representative, you will be required to interact with all levels of supplier management. Organizationally, you will report directly to the Manager, Field Quality Engineers. You will be expected to travel in support of a variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a majority of your time at supplier facilities. As Honeywell's point of contact within the supply base in direct support of OEM site requirements, you will:
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate implementation of advanced quality processes including statistically based variation reduction, control planning, mistake proofing, and Manufacturing Process Control
- Evaluate prospective supplier quality systems and conduct gap analysis where required
- Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements (including international regulation coordination issues)
- Prepare and present metrics associated with quality trends and related improvements within the supply base. Prepare progress reports, program reviews as needed, to assure the highest quality and cost effectiveness from the suppliers
- Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six Sigma techniques, Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, etc.
- You will be responsible for quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, First Article Inspection Requirements (FAIR), Self-Release and product audits, as well as coordination of Quality System (AS 9100) compliance audits and special process oversight. In addition, you will be responsible for training and deployment of Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, quality requirement compliance, Six Sigma, and other Honeywell sponsored supplier initiatives.
• US citizen or US permanent resident required due to government contracts
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, materials, supply chain, management, business or technical discipline. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, at least 13years of related technical or business experience.
• 5years of experience in manufacturing/assembly operations, quality, engineering (design or manufacturing), and materials/procurement; preferably in aerospace electronics; these areas may be replaced by related military experience.
• IPC 610 Certification is preferred
• Demonstrated self-starter & the ability to perform with minimal supervision
• Experience in leading teams focused on problem solving and improvements
• Good communication skills with the ability to provide a clear vision of the strategy and processes for key stakeholders
• High level of analytical ability to identify and evaluate appropriate courses of action for definition and resolution of complex problems.
• 3years of experienceworking with suppliers preferred.
• Certified Green Belt or equivalent; Lean Expert or Black Beltpreferred
• Experience with Automotive or Aerospace products preferred
• Additional experience or training in RCCA, Process Mapping, FMEAs and Control Plans or APQP/PPAP preferred
• Experience using Six Sigma Plus tools preferred.