Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Supplier Diversity Manager to build, manage and operationalize a new Supplier Diversity Program at PayPal.
PayPal is developing a Supplier Diversity Program (SDP), in an effort to drive innovation, entrepreneurial thought and business creativity into the network of suppliers that that are part of our mission to democratize money. To accomplish this goal, the company’s Sourcing & Vendor Management (VM) team is seeking a Supplier Diversity Manager that will hold primary responsibility over the design, planning, implementation and operations of the SDP. Today, no program is in place, and this role will be the chief architect of the new function.
A qualified candidate for this role will have experience in managing a Supplier Diversity program, and ideally has built one from the bottom up for a large public company. We are looking for someone to join our team that has a point of view on SDP best practices, not only in how the operate, but how we build relationships with our suppliers and the various resource groups that support Small, Minority, Diverse, Women-owned, Veteran, LGBTQ businesses. This person must have a self-started disposition, and can effectively networkinternally within the PayPal organization, as well as possess strong communication skills to help us drive the initiative across the business units. The role will be responsible for building out a goal framework around Diverse Supplier spend, and take an analytical and measured approach to this spending, compiling spend dashboards and turning the data around this program into powerful information for management.
- 4-6 years of experience in a managing a Supplier Diversity Program at a public company
- High level of comfort with using IT software to manage data and records, as well as extracting information for report development
- Incredibly organized and scrupulous attention to detail, with a natural inclination for planning and execution
- A born networker, who is zealous about connecting with others inside and outside of our business
- Passion for creating something and is highly-motivated to design from the ground up, against a goal and milestone framework
- Penchant for reporting data and building data-oriented communications, and a strong orientation to delivering quantitative results
- Self-starter and a person who likes to try new ideas, implement plans and generate better processes
- High familiarity with NMSDC, WBE and other national and regional business communities that support and foster SDPs
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Experience supporting a Procurement, Supply Chain or Sourcing group at a large publically traded company
- Banking, Technology or Financial Services experience
- Experience in environmentally focused vendor programs, and “green supply chain” initiatives
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.