Tracking Code 179317-846Job Description
Defines and implements supplier development strategies to improve the Tenneco supply base and to support business growth. Drives quality and productivity improvements at suppliers. Manages the supplier development team in their designated region; develops a high performing team through capable leadership. Key supplier development contact to commodity; program buyers; engineering; customer teams; quality and operations managers @ Tenneco plants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Tenneco may make reasonable accommodations to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Implements global purchasing strategies, establishes policies / procedures and initiatives to help improve the supply base.
- Identifies and develops suppliers to support Tenneco growth.
- Prepares and presents supplier performance results to mid-management level
- Develops and implements processes & procedures to support the global purchasing strategies, aligned within BU’s.
- Supports Tenneco sourcing / re-sourcing process.
- Supports purchasing cost saving & VA/VE activities
- Supports Quality Management , internal & customer audits
- Coach and develops a high performance team
- Implements, monitors and reports on supplier quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for their designated region
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related business or technical discipline required; Master's Degree will be a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience in quality or supplier development, preferably in automotive industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work with suppliers, contributing in the overall reduction of the total acquisition cost of supplied goods.
- 6Sigma certified (level of Green Belt).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing,
- Demonstrated knowledge of AIAG/VDA processes (e.g. APQP, PPAP, CQI).
- Demonstrated ability to champion change and execute strategies to meet goals.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English is a must).
- Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Strong ability to work with MS Office;
- Demonstrated ability and skills of Kaizen and problem solving methodologies (like 8D).
- Familiar with a range of different manufacturing processes and commodities
- Knowledge of quality management systems and automotive standards. e.g. ISO 9001, IATF
- Focus (customer focus, focus on results, data driven, KPI-focused).
- Proficient in MS Office
- Accountability (change agent).
- Teamwork (within the team, with other departments, with representatives from the supply base).
- Integrity; Results (execution and discipline, innovation, sense of urgency).
- Ability to work closely together with different cultures.
- Ability to lead people.
- Diplomacy when needed, revolutionary the remaining time.
- Demonstrates maturity to represent purchasing interests internal & external.
- Willing to travel when required (40% travel requirement) Ability to travel internationally, as required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and to stoop kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required include close vision.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.