- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in design and manufacturing in a New Product Introduction (NPI) role.
- Experience with smartphone camera manufacturing, including lens, VCM and sensors.
- Experience launching new products with a contract manufacturer and ODM.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in the development of camera module integration processes or other related industries.
- Experience managing functional Engineering teams.
- Experience in project management including data handling, documentation, critical decision making and organization skills.
- Knowledge of quality and statistical tools and methods.
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
About the job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Supplier Development Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction withcomputing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Drive cross-functional activities in the supply chain for overall technical operational readiness in all NPI phases leading into mass production. Manage process flow, equipment/fixture designs, line layout and yield improvement plan through design of experiments (DOE).
- Collaborate with suppliers of components, module integrators and Google Camera Engineering team to oversee camera module manufacturability at module integrators.
- Engage in development activities working with cross-functional product teams to understand and resolve technical issues, early detection and highlighting quality risks to core teams and management.
- Publish reports on supplier performance based on production line statistics in the factory and field and address any issues.
- Establish quality programs and manufacturing process control plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered.