POSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:
This position is responsible for supporting the Co-Manufacturing and Vendor Compliance group in the area of Supplier and Vendor approvals. It interacts with Procurement and R&D to assure suppliers and their materials meet the rigid DMFI standards. This position interacts with vendors, DMFI manufacturing plants, co-manufacturing operations, Procurement, R&D, Marketing, QA and Production Planning groups on a regular basis.
- Initiate and lead the Supplier Approval Process for qualification of new ingredient vendors and perform review of supplier documentation for quality and food safety non-conformances while maintaining supplier contact and proactively addressing the non-conformances. Evaluates supplier responses to the questionnaire and required documentation to determine approval status.
- Performs risk and vulnerability assessments on ingredients and suppliers as required by BRC/FSMA and recommends mitigation strategies to reduce or manage vulnerability to food fraud and overall risk.
- Serves as a Company representative to ingredient vendors and primary packaging vendors.
- Conducts audits as required to determine vendor compliance to FSMA as well as DMFI ingredient specifications.
- Works independently to make decisions to qualify vendors or disqualify vendors due to non-conformance.
- Maintains supplier ingredient documentation which includes but is not limited to Organic, Halal, Kosher and Gluten Free.
- Maintains the Approved Vendor List (AVL) for ingredients and packaging used in DMFI products and proactively manages the documentation for current vendors.
- Leads the bi-monthly Supplier Approval Review (SAR) meetings and provides feedback to stakeholders.
- Reports status of projects to the Director of Food Safety and Quality and Senior Manager Vendor Compliance.
- Onboard and set up access for new suppliers in the SAP Product Data Management System (PDM).
- Utilize PDM System to drive certificate management and follow up with suppliers on expired or outstanding documentation.
- Complete other duties and special assignments in the area of Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Food Science or related field.
- Three to five years' experience in quality assurance and or vendor compliance.
- Strong working knowledge of quality assurance, food manufacturing, packaging, processing and distribution.
- Ability to work in cross-functional team oriented environment with multiple disciplines.
- Understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative, Food Drug Act (Title 21) and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Capable of project management and working without daily supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of SAP PDM System or equivalent program.
- Strong knowledge of BRC requirements.
- Ability to travel10 -- 15%
Del Monte Foods is one of the country's largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food products for the U.S. retail market, generating approximately $1.7 billion in net sales in fiscal 2017. With a powerful portfolio of brands, Del Monte products are found in six out of ten U.S. households. Brands include Del Monte?, Contadina?, S&W?, College Inn? and other brand names. on Del Monte Foods, visit the Company's website at .
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/) Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the requiredqualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.