Job DescriptionPOSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:This position isresponsible for supporting the Co-Manufacturing and Vendor Compliance group in the area of Supplier and Vendor approvals. It interacts with Procurement and R&D to assure suppliers and their materials meet the rigid DMFI standards. This position interacts with vendors, DMFI manufacturing plants, co-manufacturing operations, Procurement, R&D, Marketing, QA and Production Planning groups on a regular basis. PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate and lead the Supplier Approval Process for qualification of new ingredient vendors and perform review of supplier documentation for quality and food safety non-conformances while maintaining supplier contact and proactively addressing the non-conformances. Evaluates supplier responses to the questionnaire and required documentation to determine approval status.
- Performs risk and vulnerability assessments on ingredients and suppliers as required by BRC/FSMA and recommends mitigation strategies to reduce or manage vulnerability to food fraud and overall risk.
- Serves as a Company representative to ingredient vendors and primary packaging vendors.
- Conducts audits as required to determine vendor compliance to FSMA as well as DMFI ingredient specifications.
- Works independently to make decisions to qualify vendors or disqualify vendors due to non-conformance.
- Maintains supplier ingredient documentation which includes but is not limited to Organic, Halal, Kosher and Gluten Free.
- Maintains the Approved Vendor List (AVL) for ingredients and packaging used in DMFI products and proactively manages the documentation for current vendors.
- Leads the bi-monthly Supplier Approval Review (SAR) meetings and provides feedback to stakeholders.
- Reports status of projects to the Director of Food Safety and Quality and Senior Manager Vendor Compliance.
- Onboard and set up access for new suppliers in the SAP Product Data Management System (PDM).
- Utilize PDM System to drive certificate management and follow up with suppliers on expired or outstanding documentation.
- Complete other duties and special assignments in the area of Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Food Science or related field.
- Three to five years' experience in quality assurance and or vendor compliance.
- Strong working knowledge of quality assurance, food manufacturing, packaging, processing and distribution.
- Ability to work in cross-functional team oriented environment with multiple disciplines.
- Understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative, Food Drug Act (Title 21) and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Capable of project management and working without daily supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of SAP PDM System or equivalent program.
- Strong knowledge of BRC requirements.
- Ability to travel 10 -- 15%