Purpose of Job
The Supplier and Governance Manager is assigned by the Director, Professional Services, IT Strategic Supplier and Governance Management. This role is accountable for driving and leading the activities required to negotiate and manage the performance and effectiveness of a wide range of significant contractual relationships for IT professional services.
The Supplier and Governance Manager will be able to manage the contract execution processes (new & renewal), including interfacing with the Business teams and the vendors to drive value and effectively manage risk.
The Supplier and Governance Manager will need to:
• Participate as Subject Matter Expert in Sourcing engagements to deliver “fit-for-purpose” solutions for stakeholders.
• Effectively execute IT Procurement activities to balance contracted cost / performance targets.
• Own Strategic IT Supplier Management and take responsibility for relationships with IT suppliers.
• Be accountable for supplier risk & performance management to ensure Scotiabank receives maximum value from 3rd-parties and manages risk.
The Supplier and Governance Manager will have knowledge in Global Supplier Management and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in IT Supplier & Governance Management, with a focus on the skills required to support programs and activities across the Application, Development and Maintenance (ADM) lifecycle. The position requires knowledge of emerging technologies, excellent organizational skills, and a strong understanding of business drivers as they relate to IT.
Develop strategic partnerships and agreements with providers of IT services that provide value to Scotiabank.
• Manage the Supplier selection process; Master Contract negotiation; Supplier Service level management; contractual compliance and Supplier termination or renewal. These may be global/enterprise or country-based agreements.
• Ensure business process interactions between the Bank and the service providers are effective and efficient.
Manage service level attainment for products & services from strategic IT partners.
• Ensure consistent and continuously improving services for Scotiabank through the creation, monitoring and enforcement of Service Level Agreements and contractual performance objectives.
• Accountable for managing Supplier scorecard and governance meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify opportunities for IT strategic suppliers to partner with Scotiabank to accelerate and achieves Scotiabank’s strategic objectives.
Be accountable for supplier risk & performance management to ensure Scotiabank receives maximum value from 3rd-parties and manages risk.
• Monitor and ensure compliance of the supplier agreements to Bank and Regulatory requirements.
Ensure maintain knowledge on Scotiabank’s internal processes and programs to ensure we support our customers in an efficient and effective manner.
• Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders i.e., Finance, Legal, Strategic Sourcing.
• The individual must possess an excellent understanding of existing and emerging technologies and business models, across IT and ADM lifecycle.
• Excellent Interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• From time to time the incumbent is responsible for managing issues that generally have no precedent and pose financial risk to the Bank.
• Managing and negotiating solutions and execution priorities objectively with full consideration and awareness of potential impact on other initiatives.
• The incumbent must be able to effectively communicate concepts and requirements to key stakeholders.
• At a minimum an Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience with 10 years experience in strategic sourcing and/or supplier management roles.
• Industry Accreditation i.e. SIG, Accredited Outsourcing Practitioner (CORE).
• Spanish speaking is an asset.
At a minimum an Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience with 10 years experience in strategic sourcing and/or supplier management roles.
Industry Accreditation i.e. SIG, Accredited Outsourcing Practitioner (CORE).
Spanish speaking is an asset.
Requisition ID: 19619