Job Description Summary:
This role oversees the workforce management and data analytics staff. Responsible for ensuring forecasting, scheduling, data analytics, real-time adherence monitoring, contact center technology and telephony support, as well as performance management reporting functions for all Eversource Contact Centers. Scope includes both on-phone and off-phone/back-office activities. Works with the Manager of Workforce Planning and Contact Center management to identify performance improvement opportunities. Provides analytical support for corporate and departmental strategies and initiatives.
- Responsible for all components of contact center workforce management, including traditional and dynamic forecasting, staffing, scheduling, real-time-adherence monitoring, performance reporting, and workforce management and contact center system support.
- Supervises workforce management and analytics teams, including performing hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, and administrative functions.
- Advises contact center and vendor management teams on all components of contact center operations (e.g., staffing levels and source: such as full and part-time, work from home, etc.), specialized call queues, shrinkage, adherence to schedule, agent talk time, agent after-call work time, agent available time, agent personal time, occupancy, attrition, back-office work management, service level, first contact resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Advises contact centers on seasonal and event driven staffing needs, including ERP planning and management.
- Provides customer service representatives with effective and timely dashboards, scorecards, and reporting depicting their full performance picture.
- Works with contact center and vendor management teams to identify operational and procedural improvement opportunities, cost savings, industry and non-industry best practices, new service offerings, and emerging technologies.
- Supervises and utilizes speech and other data driven analytics technology to identify trends in customer satisfaction, call types and reasons, agent performance, first contact resolution, call avoidance and emerging issues and to research and recommend corrective or preventive action.
- Partners with telephony strategy and support teams to ensure telephony technology (e.g., IVR, ACD, contact center wallboards, agent and call reporting systems, call recording technology, workforce planning system, and other center technology) is operating properly and serves the changing needs of the contact centers.
- Supervises group of system “power users” for the contact centers and provides system administrator support for user access set-up and security level determination. Provides support, as needed, for the resolution of reporting and workforce planning systems as well as access-related trouble tickets for those systems.
- Works with Workforce Management Manager to provide insight and analysis regarding budget variances, year-end projections and cost savings opportunities.
- Participate in periodic Request for Proposal (RFP) activities for telephony solutions, including developing requirements, statements of work, pricing models, performance metrics, bidder question responses, selection of candidates, evaluation of bids, contract award, contract execution, vendor build and onboarding, etc.
- Travel across the Eversource service territory to meet with direct reports and attend meetings is required.
- The ability to work varied and extended hours, including during major storm response events, is required.
Requires knowledge of contact center operations and related telephony, call recording, data storage/reporting, and workforce management systems. Also requires: call center forecasting and budgeting experience, analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills; and knowledge of electric and gas utility operations. Must be proficient in PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Power BI).
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or related discipline.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in supervising or managing customer contact centers and/or contact center Workforce Management functions.