Position Summary: Under moderate management, supervises a team ofclaimsadjusters. Actively drivesadjuster hiring and leadsadjuster training. Actively manages assignedadjuster workloads and performance. Participates in compliance and best practicereporting. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of corporate policies and procedures. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uses various metric driven tools such as FOCUS, the Claim Operation Tool Kit to evaluate performance and identify problem areas in advance of them becoming service issues.
- Reviews findings with manager to jointly develop a plan for corrective action.
- Defines team goals and communicates those goals to assigned staff. Motivates people to perform at the highest level.
- Ensures receipt and maintenance of appropriate licenses and/or certifications for themselves and all assigned staff for all states in which states are being handled.
- Communicates with clients, carriers and brokers in a professional, positive and proactive manner.
- Works collaboratively across all internal departments.
- High school diploma.
- 10 or more years related claim experiencerequired.
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of all team member related functions.
- Requires exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ensures flawless and consistent execution of client service instructions and performance guarantees.
- Ability to actively review work of others via file reviews; identify coaching opportunities, act on needed coaching opportunities and position subordinates for successful development leading to advancement within the organization.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.