Supervises efficient work procedures, recommendations for on-going process improvement, and coordinates programs to meet billing and collections goals to maximize company cash flow by performing the following.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to practice proper phone and email etiquette.
- Ability to understand and utilize different communication styles.
- Coach direct reports to improve and effectively increase production.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor regarding issues that arise
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, insurance companies, and physician offices.
- Able to make outbound calls to obtain appropriate documentation for reimbursement of orders shipped.
- Identifies and resolves patient complaints.
- Knowledgeable of Medical Payor’s and requirements for approvals and payments.
- Ability to verify customer benefits via phone, fax, and web portal.
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances HCPC/ICD-9 codes.
- Reviews and approves documentation received by third parties, for submission to payor’s.
- Documents activities in an efficient accurate and timely manner.
- Determines most effective and economical means of completing duties.
- Developing staff, mentoring, and providing career coaching, motivating staff individually and as a group.
- Assist other staff with difficult and complex issues.
- Ability to train on policies and procedures.
- Consistently meets organizational goals.
- Completes and tracks all payroll functions in a timely manner.
- Develops department and employee goals to enhance performance
- Reviews daily, weekly, and/or monthly reports
- Informs staff of all applicable company changes and information.
- Interviews candidates for open positions.
- Address and resolve a wide variety of concerns and complaints from employees and customer’s.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Address performance problems through corrective action with manager’s guidance
- Knowledge of computer programs and is proficient in Excel.
- Provides feedback to director regarding identified trends.
- Maintain required performance standards.
5-7 years’ experience in field; 1-2 years’ experience in area of supervision of leadership responsibility.
Supervises the work of individual contributors. Assists with management decisions and activities. Typically does not have responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals and pay reviews.