Company- Wave Broadband
Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Supervisor, Technical Operations in our La Conner, WA office. This position is responsible for the first line of support for the Service and Maintenance department. This position oversees and may assist in all of the activities of the technical department including meeting customer satisfaction goals, reducing service calls, service quality and reliability measures, complex service and repair calls, installations, disconnects, and service changes for residential and business customers including video, high-speed data services and voice services.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the service and installation technicians
- Oversee service and installation technician workloads, provide assistance, support and leadership to employees and contractors engaged in maintenance and service related activities
- Perform diagnostic, quality control, auditing, leakage detection, and record keeping
- Perform repair and maintenance on voice systems, including trouble shooting, uninstalling and removing existing CPE
- Install, uninstall, and reconnect NIU devices and backup powering; initiate DHCP script
- Troubleshoot and repair customer cable and data services from the headend to the connection of the customer’s equipment for single, multi-family, commercial dwellings and/or business products/services, including, as appropriate, all necessary wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware; install, troubleshoot and repair drops from tap to cable modem
- Troubleshoot distribution and return-path problems from CPE to headend (including troubleshooting, repairing or replacing defective or damaged components and/or installing new taps, amps, nodes and lasers); install and configure network interface cards and client software on customer computer equipment; identify and resolve complex problems with customer system configurations and settings that interfere with use of the service
- Ensures peak performance by measuring quality of workmanship, achieves net promoter goals. maintains and monitors service techs and maintenance techs performance, performs evaluations and performance reviews
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, and NEC, etc and following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
- Promote safety inspections, run safety meetings and trainings with staff
- Promote cable, Internet, and other Company services; educate the customer on channel lineups, proper equipment usage, and other services that are available; represent Company as needed to collect payments and secure appropriate customer signatures; relay customer feedback
- Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment for Service department
- Perform FCC compliance testing and documentation as required
- Assist in Development and implement Preventative Maintenance program
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in the cable TV, high-speed internet, and /or voice industry required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years Supervisor experience in related fields required.
- Strong customer service and people skills.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills and able to develop and train staff
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and to be a team leader
- Ability to Repair complex System to address chronic issues
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, and screwdrivers in the installation of cable to the residence and TV set converters
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Knowledge of and ability to operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of Return Path portion of cable plant operations
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code
- Knowledge of EAS and FCC regulations
Is this the career opportunity you’ve been searching for? Yes? Then let us know about you – apply now!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- NCTI or SCTE certification
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
High School or better.
2 years: Supervisor experience
5 years: technical experience in the cable TV, high-speed internet, and /or voice industry
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)