Job Description Summary:
- Supervise the development, revision and publishing of system operating procedures in CT, MA and NH.
- Liaise with System Operations Control Center management, and Eversource and member participant engineering groups to ensure changes in electric system configuration and operating practice are reflected in system operating procedures accurately and expeditiously.
- Liaise with Eversource compliance, ISO-NE and other external groups to identify procedure and regulatory changes, and oversee necessary modifications to System Operations procedures.
- Ensure correct and consistent implementation of system operations procedures by system operators in CT, MA and NH and communicate deficiencies to operations management.
- Maximize standardization of system operating procedures across System Operations Control Centers in CT, MA and NH.
- Represent System Operations Procedures at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Supervise, coach and review the performance of System Operations Procedures personnel.
- Assess the need for and oversee implementation of programs to ensure System Operations Procedures personnel possess the necessary technical and behavioral skills for individual and group success.
- Assist operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participate on event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution electric system operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric system.
- Thorough knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards, OSHA regulations and other regulatory requirements.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource, ISO-NE, ISO-NE satellites, participant companies, non-utility generators and neighboring utilities.
- Read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Lotus Notes e-mail and databases, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- NERC Transmission Operator or higher certification (or obtain within 6 months).
- Eight years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- Four years experience as a System Operator preferred.
- Four years experience as a procedure writer or supervising a procedure writing group preferred.
- One yearexperience supervising others preferred.