Why our company is a great place to work … Join a Fortune 300® company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries’ highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense. Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need. Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300® Company and a member of the S&P 500® and NASDAQ 100® Indices, Henry Schein employs over 20,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $11.6 billion in 2016. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the “World’s Most Ethical Company” in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices. JOB OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible to supervise employees, activities, and systems related to the technical support of HSPS products and services. Ensure timely and effective customer service expectations are met and/or exceeded at all times. Work toward and assist in the achievement of individual, team and department goals.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the team including statistical reporting, team mentoring, ongoing trainings, weekly meetings and knowledgebase documentation to promote high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure TSMs understand expectations; have materials and equipment to meet those expectations; are placed in a role where they have strengths to meet those expectations; and are recognized for exceeding those expectations
- Supervise individual and team performance via goal setting, individual one-on-one sessions, ongoing communication and opportunities to ensure high levels of customer service and job performance are achieved
- Work closely with customers, other teams, departments and levels of management as needed for problem resolution and/or process improvements to ensure effective and timely service for internal and external customers
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required
Typically supervise overtime eligible technical staff on day-to-day activities using established procedures, policies and management guidance within a more complex or larger section(s) of a department. Jobs are typically similar in nature and perform a single task or multiple but closely related tasks. Receive assignments in the form of objectives with goals. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
Follow established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data. Handle moderately complex problems and escalate more complex problems. Focus on multiple tasks that are closely related to a single process. Extensive technical knowledge about the position(s) being supervised.
Focused on how to implement management’s decisions through the work of technical and/or professional support level staff. Carry out policies and procedures passed down from management.
Provide direct supervision to professional and/or technical support level staff typically performing complex to very complex tasks and assign tasks according to established policies. Manage sub-unit and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve non-routine issues.
Interact with subordinate supervisors, staff, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas of the company. Collaborate regularly with others and conduct presentations of technical information.
Typically does not hire, terminate, or promote without Manager and/or Director approval, but may have input into the decision-making process. Decisions on salary increases, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, etc. are reviewed by more senior management.
Typically 5 or more years of increasingly responsible related support experience; 3 or more years of management experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong management skills and ability to retain, motivate and develop team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Understand applicable computer systems and other business required competencies
- Understand financial information that impacts department
- Ability to coordinate successful projects, manage risks, costs, time and project teams
- Good planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with team(s)
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- HSPS product knowledge is a plus
- Experience with CRM software, call center management software, and call monitoring software is a plus
- Effective time and resource management skills with ability to assign, train and monitor work
- Basic computer knowledge as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to resolve complex problems and questions on function and usage of HSPS products and services
- Ability to professionally handle and resolve stressful situations will be required
- Basic business analytical and statistical analysis skills
- Ability to drive results while appropriately managing personnel
Full-Time Benefits Available:
- Earn generous PTO
- Earn 7 Paid holidays
- Get evenings and weekends off!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
- Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
- Onsite gym with personal trainer options