General supervisory activities include scheduling, performance counseling, and preparation of periodic reports on Service Engineering performance. Supervisors may also manage new customer transitions and other service change related projects as they relate to the Service Support team. The candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills as well as a thorough understanding of common IT administration business processes.
- Monitor and manage a staff of highly technical individuals that support various technologies including driving the engineers to create documentation for the environments, most common problems, and items which help less senior engineers conduct service delivery activities efficiently and effectively.
- Assign work to the technical staff; following up frequently to ensure the work is being completed in accordance with expectations and SLA’s.
- Analyze team processes for efficiency and make changes to improve responsiveness and service levels to our customers
- Monitor for and follow up on deviations from process to ensure high quality of work
- Assist in the execution of core ITIL processes: Incident management, Request Management, Change Management, Problem Management, etc.
- Adjust staffingschedules as needed. Make recommendations to manager for adjustments in staffing levels.
- Assist in providing reporting on performance to management and clients.
- Support customer transition and service deployment to ensure that the team is equipped to support customers/services.
- Develop training plans for the engineers to maintain and enhance their skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) OR 4+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 1+ years supervisory, management or leadership experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance.
- Travel between offices as required by business need.
- Experienced with software used by and supported by an IT support organizations (Ticketing applications, ACD, remote connectivity software, knowledge management, MS Office applications, desktop and server OS, wide area networks)
- Experience with setting performance standards and development of metrics to manage to those metrics
- Experienced with translating processes to written procedures for use by team members
- ITIL V3 foundation certification preferred.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Good analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and quality.
- Results and execution oriented, self-motivated requiring minimal supervision
- Excellent understanding of current IT trends and their impact on business.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.